DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Keeping the propellers on

But as @old man mavic said is always good to take them out for inspection. The only way you can see the attaching lugs is taking them out. I do that every 5 flights, more or less.
If you only check every 5 flights, you'll have plenty of free time between inspections. So can you pop over and check mine as well?

I always leave them on and I have never had issues with it.

Q. Is it a good idea to keep the propellers on?

Some say it’s not a good idea to keep the springs (under the propellers) in perpetual tension, but I’m thinking is there actually any more stress taking the things on and off every time one uses it? Must admit, I’ve only had my drone a week, but I can see it being a pain to keep taking these props on and off on location.
I leave them on and that dictated the cases I purchased for the Phantoms & M2P. So far no issues.

Q. Is it a good idea to keep the propellers on?

Some say it’s not a good idea to keep the springs (under the propellers) in perpetual tension, but I’m thinking is there actually any more stress taking the things on and off every time one uses it? Must admit, I’ve only had my drone a week, but I can see it being a pain to keep taking these props on and off on location.
You are correct. Springs wear from being compressed and released, not from constant pressure.

The tension is not gone entirely, or else it couldn't maintain the pressure needed to keep the prop locked on. Thankfully, given modern metallurgy, quality springs don't develop a 'set' anyway... with the emphasis on 'quality'. Cheaply made springs may relax over time.

I just received my Smatree hard shell case for Mavic 2, and I just realized that the Mavic doesn't fit the hole if the back propellers are on (my Mavic 1 case had enough space). So now, I'm obligated to remove them, and I don't like that only because it's another step in the setup. Also, it means that now it's a metal pin that pushes against the bottom of the foam mold. I can foresee two holes gradually caving in.

I agree, send it back 👌

Always had them on never had any problems. Only ones I took off was when I had my Phantoms. But since I got the Air2S no issues what so ever. Granted I’m not just shoving in vigorously into the bag or anything. Lol

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian