DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Keeping visual line of sight

Tee

Reactions
I just wanted to share what I just did so that I can be able to keep my drone in my sight, I ordered the the neon green wrap and wrapped my drone, because I kept loosing sight of my drone to many times, I would just look away for a few seconds and when I looked for I could not find it in the sky, with this neon green wrap It's really easy to spot, I got it from wrap grade, it took me about 1 1/2 hours to wrap the whole thing, I didn't do the best job putting it on but it's good enough for me
photos attached

Attachments

• 20190921_161404.jpg
    20190921_161404.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 102
  • 20190921_161422.jpg
    20190921_161422.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 105
  • 20190921_161439.jpg
    20190921_161439.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
I did the same thing but I didn't think it thru. I went with the yellow (looks gold indoors) but didn't think about the buzz of the props. Every bee and wasp within 3 counties think she's some type of 'super queen' . . . been stung a few times when I caught her.

IMG_1345.JPG

It's probably a great idea I have thought of doing that myself. the downside is that will bring a lot more attention to it

I have thought of a wrap but am undecided on a colour.
How come I can clearly see birds way up in the sky that are smaller than my Mavic but can lose site of the drone, they are basically the same colour & distance.

I have thought of a wrap but am undecided on a colour.
How come I can clearly see birds way up in the sky that are smaller than my Mavic but can lose site of the drone, they are basically the same colour & distance.
The birds wings make up a lot more area to look at

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I did the same thing but I didn't think it thru. I went with the yellow (looks gold indoors) but didn't think about the buzz of the props. Every bee and wasp within 3 counties think she's some type of 'super queen' . . . been stung a few times when I caught her.

View attachment 82152
That has got to be the funniest thing I have ever heard.

I was wondering about a chrome/mirror wrap. I would think it would reflect light and glint/flash as it moves. On the other hand it could just disappear.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I was wondering about a chrome/mirror wrap. I would think it would reflect light and glint/flash as it moves. On the other hand it could just disappear.
That would look sooo cool! Do you think it would affect the images from the camera? That would be my only concern or else I'd definitely consider buying it.

I have the Wrapgrade in Coloration X.

Reactions: Wrapgrade
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54