DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Killing my wifi??

One thing a lot of folks don't know is protocol is important. If you have a single channel router/wifi it will slow to the speed of the lowest device on the network.
So older devices use g and/or b which will bring you to your knees. N is what most use these days and as mentioned 5 Ghz is better yet as it has a different protocol that allows much higher bandwidth.
It may be that something has shifted to as lower protocol if it determines there is network interference on teh channel it's using.
All speculation but I found my older Xbox was hammering me from this. I bought a Nighthawk router and all my issues went away. You really do get what you pay for in these cases.

yes the mavic will blow the doors off your home wifi i turn it on in the house no one getting on the web...i do it to the kids for fun lol...

This is one of the reasons the CE transmit power of the mavic is 25% the FCC !

Reactions: Kilrah
The Mavic bleeds a lot of energy. I am sure you have seen videos of Mavic unboxings, and as soon as they turn the Mavic on, you hear bussing in the filming camera's audio. Think about it... This thing can send HD video back from over 4 miles away! It's got a high powered, digital transmitter on board. It's gonna cause some interference, with it's multi channel transmission.

To fix the issue, you may want to put your house's wifi on a different channel, or use "auto", which will look for a frequency with low interference. Many wifi routers default to channel 6 or 11, or are set to something else. Also, it will depend on what type of wifi you are using. Are we talking about B? G? N? AC? Dual Band N+AC?

iv seen too many videos of the mavic on youtube and carnt say i have ever heard "bleeding energy", the common thing in the videos that sounds like radio interference is the sonar sensor on the bottom producing an audible buzzing sound

Reactions: Brojon and Kilrah
iv seen too many videos of the mavic on youtube and carnt say i have ever heard "bleeding energy", the common thing in the videos that sounds like radio interference is the sonar sensor on the bottom producing an audible buzzing sound
Agreed - I turn mine on in the house all the time. Of course my router/wifi is top notch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688