DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Kilt Rocks and Mealt Falls, Skye

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Another video from our recent holidays, this time another from the Trotternish area of Skye, another iconic Skye location, with great views and easy to access - decent viewing area and safely fanced, however it can get very busy...

When it is windy Mealt Falls can flow backwards up the cliffs, so not a place to try flying the drone in inclement weather, but wuth the sunshine and calm days we experienced it made for a great place to fly the MINI3 Pro - to enable overflight and closer in flying when there were people around...

“…When it is windy Mealt Falls can flow backwards up the cliffs,…”
Thanks for the information and I’m thinking this is a great example of an updraft.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Beautifully done, as usual. I was quite surprised to see the car park and large reservoir or lake adjacent to the falls.
Its a loch, and it is strange to see the car park, but it is a tourist hot spot...

“…When it is windy Mealt Falls can flow backwards up the cliffs,…”
Thanks for the information and I’m thinking this is a great example of an updraft.
Yup, there are video's of it online... :)

I thought I read Mealt Falls is a NFZ :-( ... am I mistaken or is that seasonal? :)
It is a seasonal FRZ, for birdlife, when we were there the signs were down and it was ok to fly... There was the same 2 German lads flying there as at Lealt Falls a few minutes earlier, so we waited for them to finish...

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Did you see the dinosaur footprints on the beach at Staffin?
Not this time, but I have seen them before... We did go into the Dinosaur Museum though, which was good :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian