DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kissimmee Florida

I took part 107, recently, and passed. 82%.
Did you have any experience before studying for the exam? How hard was it? I ask because I have been in medicine(registered nurse) for 25 years and think I might be over my head? I looked at some of the online study guides, did you take an online class? Thanks

I had no previous experience. It was entirely over my head at first, too. But, I read the material, study guides, and found free resources online that kind of walk you through what you need to know. Most of the test is reading aeronautical charts. They are crazy complicated, but the legend does clearly show you what everything is and what it means.

16408-4bb4e3af43dd59b54e8ae938b5546817.jpg

Beautiful sunset from 2 nights ago....

Attachments

• DJI_0014-25.jpg
    DJI_0014-25.jpg
    543.2 KB · Views: 9
I will drop this here for all interested parties. Florida House Bill 1027 was passed last month and signed in to law by Governor Rick Scott. It went into affect on July 1. The bill addresses many unrelated things, but what is relevant to us, is that it has declared drone regulation a province of the Sate, and the FAA, and prohibits any Florida local government for passing or enforcing ordinances that attempt to regulate drones.

This means that the controversial Orlando ordinance requiring that we refrain from flying within 500 feet of City owned Parks and Venues, under threat of hefty fines, is now null and void!

Excerpt from the Bill:
(3) REGULATION.—

(a) The authority to regulate the operation of unmanned aircraft systems is vested in the state except as provided in federal regulations, authorizations, or exemptions.

(b) Except as otherwise expressly provided, a political subdivision may not enact or enforce an ordinance or resolution relating to the design, manufacture, testing, maintenance, licensing, registration, certification, or operation of an unmanned aircraft system, including airspace, altitude, flight paths, equipment or technology requirements; the purpose of operations; and pilot, operator, or observer qualifications, training, and certification.

(c) This subsection does not limit the authority of a local government to enact or enforce local ordinances relating to nuisances, voyeurism, harassment, reckless endangerment, property damage, or other illegal acts arising from the use of unmanned aircraft systems if such laws or ordinances are not specifically related to the use of an unmanned aircraft system for those illegal acts.

Last edited:
Hey guys I see you are around the Kissimmee area. I will be in Kissimmee staying at one of the reunionvacationhomes for a week in November. Any regulations or anything I should know about? Or some good areas to fly? Any help would be appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada