DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kitty Hawk Times are off by a bit

marnat3

Reactions
I have been having a lot of problems with Airmap "stopping" when used with the Go4 app.
So I tried Kitty Hawk, (much smoother to use for me),
Put in my request for Sunday at 1:00pm for an hour and a half. Approved by text and all times are correct.
However when I reread the approval it says7:01pm to 8:31pm , a 6 hour difference.
Am I missing a setting or something else.
I should mention I am doing a preapproval for the following day if that makes any kind of difference.

In the app on the tablet used for flying, the times are correct but in the text message on my phone, they
are off by 6 hours.
If I ever need to show I have approval how do I explain the 2 different approvals for the same flight.

Ok. I just checked a GMT converter and that would be right on. But why would the FAA approval use that here in the central time zone? The approval through kittyhawk is correct in my time zone.
Just a little confused here and I like to back myself up on things.

Ok. I just checked a GMT converter and that would be right on. But why would the FAA approval use that here in the central time zone? The approval through kittyhawk is correct in my time zone.
Just a little confused here and I like to back myself up on things.
Just know that everything the FAA is going to do is going to be in Zulu time.

Reactions: marnat3
Alrighty then. I learned something new today. Thanks lookout and DanMan 32.
I appreciate it.
You may have to resubmit in KittyHawk in Zulu time, which if it rolls over into the next day, you have to watch that too.

Well, just to be sure I resubmitted the request this morning, for the same times and length and was approved again.
Thanks again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan