DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kittyhawk App makes notification a snap?

So it does work in Canada then?
How do we know that the airport has received the notification?
How do they respond to accept our flight?
Is it someone in the tower or a paper pusher in the office?
I would think the tower would have no interest nor the time to deal with us drone pilots !

I'm interested in this also. But I believe the New rules are Don't fly within 9kms of any airport. I don't believe that notification would be any good as we are Not allowed to fly there. Not at all happy with these rules or not being able to fly less than 75m from my own house ? Way to stringent / Silly.

Hello I have a question about Kittyhawk profile setting. I may have set up my account as a 107 as my profile details show right under my phone # I go to edit it and can’t change it to hobbist. I don’t want to submit any flight plans to airports with that error. I could add my FAA # but i don’t see anywhere the edit that I’m not 107 certified.
I have searched the web and here with no results.
Any help would be great
Thank you

Hello I have a question about Kittyhawk profile setting. I may have set up my account as a 107 as my profile details show right under my phone # I go to edit it and can’t change it to hobbist. I don’t want to submit any flight plans to airports with that error. I could add my FAA # but i don’t see anywhere the edit that I’m not 107 certified.
I have searched the web and here with no results.
Any help would be great
Thank you

Hi. There's no profile setting that sends flights. You only need your 107 information for commercial operators to apply for LAANC authorizations.

Otherwise, you can view our Dynamic Airspace with the layers and elements that pertain to your operations.

Note, if you're a hobbyist, we were just selected by the FAA to rebuild B4UFLY, and we'll be brining our native Dynamic Airspace to B4UFLY with layers and alerts designed for hobbyists :)

Reactions: TerKelDing
Thank you for your response.
— I am a Hobbyist —
So I won’t worry about my mistake in Kittyhawk details saying I’m 107 certified because im not and I won’t be submitting notifications electronically anyway.
As a hobbyist I will call the tower # for notification compliance when I fly within the 5-miles of an airport. This was my plan all along.
I understand all the FAA guidelines as a sUAV pilot. I was just confused about all the options in the App.
Thanks for being patient I’m very New at this.

Thank you for your response.
— I am a Hobbyist —
So I won’t worry about my mistake in Kittyhawk details saying I’m 107 certified because im not and I won’t be submitting notifications electronically anyway.
As a hobbyist I will call the tower # for notification compliance when I fly within the 5-miles of an airport. This was my plan all along.
I understand all the FAA guidelines as a sUAV pilot. I was just confused about all the options in the App.
Thanks for being patient I’m very New at this.

You can just delete the 107 number if you entered one. Fly safe :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo