DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kittyhawk App makes notification a snap?

I am a Kittyhawk member and use it to log all of my flights and maintenance. It also tracks flights by location and keeps tabs on battery charge cycles. It is incredibly useful and easy to use plus I like how the developers keep making improvements to it. I can highly recommend it.

Reactions: Kittyhawk
There appears to be a bug. According to the data on your app, the airport near me supports digital notifications. The data on Airmaps suggest otherwise, which I'm more inclined to believe.

There appears to be a bug. According to the data on your app, the airport near me supports digital notifications. The data on Airmaps suggest otherwise, which I'm more inclined to believe.

Our data comes directly from AirMap. If you see a discrepancy let us know.

What's the lat/long or airport? Let me know and I'll verify with AirMap.

Why is it when I press the digital notify that is calls there airport number? What does digital notify mean?

Tapping and calling let's you get in touch with the tower directly. Digitally notifying is when we send the flight info on your behalf when you create a live flight in Kittyhawk.

This is a really nice app, very useful as well in the free version. As soon as the weather will be better i will get the 1 year subscription. Thank you for your work

Thanks for the feedback. What would you like to see in the weather?

(We have some new designs in the works, so now is a perfect time to make some changes if you have some ideas :)

Any plans on possibly integrating with Verifly so it could be logged that we are/were insured for a flight?

We had a really great conversation with Verifly but they were adamant that because of the extremely stringent insurance regulations in the US there is no way we could integrate the Verifly functionality directly into Kittyhawk to create a "one stop shop".

We had a really great conversation with Verifly but they were adamant that because of the extremely stringent insurance regulations in the US there is no way we could integrate the Verifly functionality directly into Kittyhawk to create a "one stop shop".
This app is awesome! All the surrounding airport (bay area) are accepting digital notices. Nice work!!

I get that the transaction itself would have a bunch of hurdles making it difficult or impossible to accomplish, but what I'd be more interested in is Kittyhawk seeing the app running and grabbing a confirmation that coverage was active during the flight, and maybe an ID or something for that insurance certificate. Would be cool to have everything in place in one log entry. Thanks for replying though!

When a digital notice is sent to a tower, do we get confirmation that they've received it?

I'm assuming this is all for hobbyist notification, not 107 cert notification, that still goes through the FAA portal yes?

This app is awesome! All the surrounding airport (bay area) are accepting digital notices. Nice work!!

I wouldn't rely on that too much. I discovered a big there that results in misinformation. Kittyhawk.io said they'll have fixed in the next release.

Reactions: Bigdz
Installed the free version today; I am astonished by the level of detail and information the maps provide, even in Eastern Europe! Really nice job!

So it does work in Canada then?
How do we know that the airport has received the notification?
How do they respond to accept our flight?
Is it someone in the tower or a paper pusher in the office?
I would think the tower would have no interest nor the time to deal with us drone pilots !

Reactions: c hardy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78