DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Klein Karoo adventure

Droffarc

Reactions
Recently took my Honda NC700X for a short ride into the countryside.
A trip of 540 km (333 miles) that took 12 hours (in the saddle plus numerous stops to ease the seating ((aka sour ***)).
The route took me over the following 7 mountain passes: Du Toitskloof, Hex, Rooihoogte, Burgers, Kogmanskloof, Houhoek and Sir Lowry's pass and 2stretches of dirt road.
I departed at 6 am with the temperature at about 14 deg C (57 F) which proved to be somewhat on the chilly side leading to a not so comfortable ride till lunch time when it warmed to about 29 Deg C (84 F) which resulted in a perspirous dampness within my jacket.
I was in no particular hurry, stopping off for some aerial footage of a solar farm near Touwsriver, which inspired hope, and Matroosberg station which left me in despair - here was formerly a railway line - now just the remains of a deep cutting through the hilly karoo to attest to the steel rails that were re-appropriated (and likely found their way to china in order to line someone’s pocket). Not even the sleepers remain in this terrain - the sweat and money that created this orifice - all for nawt.
My spirits lifted again at the scenic sight of the Koo valley and later the river at Stormsvlei and the tranquillity at twin rivers near Greyton.
The videos were captured using DJI Osmo Action 3, Pocket 2 and Mini 2.who all reportedly enjoyed the journey.

Recently took my Honda NC700X for a short ride into the countryside.
A trip of 540 km (333 miles) that took 12 hours (in the saddle plus numerous stops to ease the seating ((aka sour ***)).
The route took me over the following 7 mountain passes: Du Toitskloof, Hex, Rooihoogte, Burgers, Kogmanskloof, Houhoek and Sir Lowry's pass and 2stretches of dirt road.
I departed at 6 am with the temperature at about 14 deg C (57 F) which proved to be somewhat on the chilly side leading to a not so comfortable ride till lunch time when it warmed to about 29 Deg C (84 F) which resulted in a perspirous dampness within my jacket.
I was in no particular hurry, stopping off for some aerial footage of a solar farm near Touwsriver, which inspired hope, and Matroosberg station which left me in despair - here was formerly a railway line - now just the remains of a deep cutting through the hilly karoo to attest to the steel rails that were re-appropriated (and likely found their way to china in order to line someone’s pocket). Not even the sleepers remain in this terrain - the sweat and money that created this orifice - all for nawt.
My spirits lifted again at the scenic sight of the Koo valley and later the river at Stormsvlei and the tranquillity at twin rivers near Greyton.
The videos were captured using DJI Osmo Action 3, Pocket 2 and Mini 2.who all reportedly enjoyed the journey.

There is a lot to be said for this road trip. You really enjoyed the solitude of the ride, the constant changing scenery, and the great scenery of the Karoo. I don't think many are familiar with this part of South Africa but is has a special beauty of its own with famous fynbos and other succulents and the other flora of the western cape. So I enjoyed the ride. I would never have done this on a motorcycle, let alone filming while on mountainous roads, passing other vehicles which could crush me. An admirable job doing this. The mix of media (I own the same toys) makes it even the more interesting. The choices of multiple short music tracks was both good and bad. I'd rather have a longer track of the same music for better continuity.

My wife and I have been to South Africa at least 3 or more times on safaris (Kruger lodges and Sand River-Mala Mall and once was tempted to visit this area but it never worked out. We traveled to the Cape Winelands, Capetown, Cape of Good Hope, Stellenbosch, and all the way to Hermanus and Gansbaai to do great white shark cage diving. It is all a beautiful place to visit.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: Droffarc
There is a lot to be said for this road trip. You really enjoyed the solitude of the ride, the constant changing scenery, and the great scenery of the Karoo. I don't think many are familiar with this part of South Africa but is has a special beauty of its own with famous fynbos and other succulents and the other flora of the western cape. So I enjoyed the ride. I would never have done this on a motorcycle, let alone filming while on mountainous roads, passing other vehicles which could crush me. An admirable job doing this. The mix of media (I own the same toys) makes it even the more interesting. The choices of multiple short music tracks was both good and bad. I'd rather have a longer track of the same music for better continuity.

My wife and I have been to South Africa at least 3 or more times on safaris (Kruger lodges and Sand River-Mala Mall and once was tempted to visit this area but it never worked out. We traveled to the Cape Winelands, Capetown, Cape of Good Hope, Stellenbosch, and all the way to Hermanus and Gansbaai to do great white shark cage diving. It is all a beautiful place to visit.

Dale
Miami
Thank you Dale, for your input and kind words.The music is often a point of quandry

I like it. Nice to get and about to see different things. Looks like you enjoyed the ride!

Reactions: Droffarc
As an American, I look at that speedometer and see 97, even over 100 and I'm like OMG! Of course, I knew it was "k"ph and not "m"ph as we have here. Still though... Anyways, like the video. I agree with Dale's thoughts on the music but it was different. Beautiful country.

As an American, I look at that speedometer and see 97, even over 100 and I'm like OMG! Of course, I knew it was "k"ph and not "m"ph as we have here. Still though... Anyways, like the video. I agree with Dale's thoughts on the music but it was different. Beautiful country.
Thank you DaveS

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada