DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Knappogue castle in West Ireland

FlyingDutchman90

Reactions
Hello everyone,
Today I wanted to share a video of Knappogue castle, built in 1467 in County Clare in the west of Ireland. Over the centuries it has gone through many owners and nowadays it serves as a venue for fancy banquets and gave it's name to Knappogue castle whiskey.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Another awesome video!

Reactions: FlyingDutchman90
Beautiful countryside it's surrounded by! With the large trees there, it's almost hidden.

Last edited:
Stunning, well done ☘️ Need to meet up one day, no-one else in Cobh, family are in Ballyphehane just up from Tory Top pub

Stunning, well done ☘️ Need to meet up one day, no-one else in Cobh, family are in Ballyphehane just up from Tory Top pub
Thank you!
And I wasn't living that far from Ballyphehane while I was there! I was near The Lough. I will let you know when I pay a visit to Cork/Cobh!

Hello. Leaving for Ireland soon and wanted to check in about flying in coastal areas and around monuments like in your example.

Anything you can tell me about restrictions flying drones in sub 259 g weight?

TIA

Hello. Leaving for Ireland soon and wanted to check in about flying in coastal areas and around monuments like in your example.

Anything you can tell me about restrictions flying drones in sub 259 g weight?

TIA
With <249g the rules are similar to other countries. There's this map that shows the no fly zones defined by the IAA:
Furthermore you will come across the occasional sign meaning that you cannot fly over or take off from this site, depending on your interpretation of the laws.

Thank you.

I was looking at this NPWS GIS map and can see a lot of nature preserves.

If you look at the USA we note a few preserves the forbid flight overhead. Seem I am going to have to feel it out a bit as I travel through Ireland the two weeks there.

Thanks

Enjoy your time in Ireland! It's an amazing place

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
00B3rin