DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Knoxville, TN - sometimes

tooFLYforayoungGUY

Reactions
Anyone in Knoxville, TN?

I am based there, but travel a good deal with work.

Where do you guys fly?

I just read that it is Class C misdemeanor to "Uses an unmanned aircraft to capture an image of an individual or privately owned real property in this state with the intent to conduct surveillance on the individual or property captured in the image". It also illegal to takeoff or land in a Federal Park, or "use of drones to capture images at open-air events where 100 or more people are gathered".

What left, State and County parks?

https://www.buildadronebiz.com/state-drone-laws/tennessee/

Where do you guys fly?

I just read that it is Class C misdemeanor to "Uses an unmanned aircraft to capture an image of an individual or privately owned real property in this state with the intent to conduct surveillance on the individual or property captured in the image". It also illegal to takeoff or land in a Federal Park, or "use of drones to capture images at open-air events where 100 or more people are gathered".

What left, State and County parks?

JUDI QQ ### JUDI QQ ONLINE ### AGEN JUDI QQ ### LARISQQ ###
The key to the law is "conducting surveillance". TN Code Annotated (T.C.A) refers "conducting surveillance” for criminal means. You're flying a drone and happen to capture people in the back yard is not illegal UNLESS you are conducting surveillance for illicit means. When we are outside, we don't have an expectation of privacy because we don’t control the airspace above us. We just have to use common sense when we fly and be respectful of others around us.

Depending on where you live, city/County parks maybe fine to fly in as long as they are not busy since we're not supposed to fly over crowds. I fly along the river a lot and never had any problems.

These are the FAA rules we as Recreational Flyers have to go by to be responsible UAS pilots.

Recreational Flyers & Modeler Community-Based Organizations

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke