DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kuala Lumpur locations?

gnirtS

Reactions
Im off to KL again this week for a few days for shopping and will take the drone. From what ive found online the DCA is relatively happy with small, recreational drone use provided you're satisfied its safe and outside restricted zones. Is this still the case?
Also, i know KLCC and Putrajaya are out of bounds so what good flight locations are there in and around KL? Are the Botanic Gardens and area around the rugby ground OK for operation? Anywhere else within easy walking or uber distance?

Old thread! Ive flown in the Botanic Gardens and rugby ground area with no problems a few times since i wrote this.

Hey! I will gladly assist anyone visiting Malaysia :)

Hi Kelvin,

Considering to visit KL next week for 24hrs and planning to stay downtown (near Petronas towers). I intend to fly around that and also in Batu Caves, appreciate your feedback in terms of whether that is against any regulations.

Thanks!

KLCC/Petronas is a no fly zone which is patrolled by security and police. I'd say the chances of getting arrested are very high.
Batu Caves is OK but be aware (i) its a holy temple so dont go too close and annoy people and (ii) there are a LOT of people around it and remember the laws about flying over crowds of people (ie dont).

Hi Kelvin,

Considering to visit KL next week for 24hrs and planning to stay downtown (near Petronas towers). I intend to fly around that and also in Batu Caves, appreciate your feedback in terms of whether that is against any regulations.

Thanks!

You can always spend a day trip an hour or two away from KL, Sekinchan or Kuala Selangor, pretty scenic.

Thank you both! Will try to fly around Batu. Hopefully, nobody will be bothered.

Hello, I am from the Netherlands and plan to travel in January to Malaysia. Can you please tell me if it is allowed to fly on the island Pangkor and Langkawi? Do I need permission? Thanks for letting me know. Kind regards nilaya

Hey! I will gladly assist anyone visiting Malaysia :)

nisangha

JoinedMay 5, 2018Messages0Reaction score0Age45
A moment ago
Hello, I am from the Netherlands and plan to travel in January to Malaysia. Can you please tell me if it is allowed to fly on the island Pangkor and Langkawi? Do I need permission? Thanks for letting me know. Kind regards nilaya

nisangha

JoinedMay 5, 2018Messages0Reaction score0Age45
A moment ago

It's ok to fly in Pangkor and Langkawi, but be mindful of the Langkawi airport.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU