DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC approval from KSDL

strdr

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to get LAANC approval for Scottsdale airport and keep getting an auto denial message that states that I have cannot fly in class D airspace without ATC approval. I was wondering if anyone else has been able to get LAANC to grant FAA approval for that area. I'm using Airmap and it states on one tab that "automatic" approval is available if below the altitude limit for the grid square I'd be flying in. Just trying to determine if its a software glitch either with Airmap or LAANC itself, or KSDL is actually wanting to talk to me and add me to an approval list or something (wild guess). I have part 107 cert.

Delete and reinstall the app... had the same problem this morning and once before a while back

Reactions: Thomas B
Still getting auto denial and request to contact ATC. Thanks for response. I can get auto approval right next door at Deer Valley but not Scottsdale.

Reactions: STUFF2C
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to get LAANC approval for Scottsdale airport and keep getting an auto denial message that states that I have cannot fly in class D airspace without ATC approval. I was wondering if anyone else has been able to get LAANC to grant FAA approval for that area. I'm using Airmap and it states on one tab that "automatic" approval is available if below the altitude limit for the grid square I'd be flying in. Just trying to determine if its a software glitch either with Airmap or LAANC itself, or KSDL is actually wanting to talk to me and add me to an approval list or something (wild guess). I have part 107 cert.
We found a bug like that where when the airspace changes(part time one airspace, part time another) throws AirMap off its rocker.

Reactions: Thomas B
Also keep in mind that "conditions" change and you can be denied in an area that would normally be approved. This happens in Manned Aviation as well. There could be something happening there that would make it unsafe to fly your sUAS in the area.

Also keep in mind that "conditions" change and you can be denied in an area that would normally be approved. This happens in Manned Aviation as well. There could be something happening there that would make it unsafe to fly your sUAS in the area.
You should check FAA advisories for “special” and temporary restrictions. One user here had a NFZ initiated while he was in that area and the drone literally just turned off and fell from the sky after the NFZ was initiated and before he could get his drone out of it.
Be prepared, and know what’s happening in your area before you fly.

Reactions: BigAl07
Hi everyone,

You may have to use FAADRONEZONE to get authorization to fly in a 0 Grid area. I fly in a zero grid area, the only way I get approval is through FAADRONEZONE. You will need to apply with your 107 authorization, and it usually takes 36 to 48 hours to get approved and don’t expect more than 75 feet altitude and a tight radius. Good luck,happy trails and blue sky’s. [emoji574]️

Reactions: strdr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15