DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC can now approve night time operations

I just tested this in nearby Class D airspace, but it looks like LAANC now approves appropriate night time requests instead of automatically rejecting them. Officially WAHOO! or not?
Yes-siree-Bob, I just tested it out and sure enough I got approved in Class B airspace. I live close to KMIA. Thank you for the heads up sir.

It's also easier now in Aloft to submit LAANC requests above the grid (only for Part 107 holders though, like night requests). We made a tutorial for those interested:
Way easier at loft then with Airmap. Don't know what's going on with them major issues they're having

It's also easier now in Aloft to submit LAANC requests above the grid (only for Part 107 holders though, like night requests). We made a tutorial for those interested:
Good guy Pilot Institute.

Uuuh, am I not supposed to be able to get night time LAANC authorization for recreational flights? Because I was able to for nearby Class B and Class D airspace through AirMap. I do have a 107 cert, but I specifically tested both 107 and recreational requests.

Good guy Pilot Institute.

Uuuh, am I not supposed to be able to get night time LAANC authorization for recreational flights? Because I was able to for nearby Class B and Class D airspace through AirMap. I do have a 107 cert, but I specifically tested both 107 and recreational requests.
LAANC rules currently prohibit night authorizations for recreational pilots so you won't be able to get approval for that until it changes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada