DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"LAANC is not available for operations outside of controlled airspace"

When we were allowed to get a Drone NOTAM of course you "could" but people absolutely did not do that at all. So it is very difficult to get a Drone NOTAM issues unless your operation could indeed create a Safety Hazard for Aviation.
Thanks! With the currrent system, when applying for, and getting permission say for a contruction site where images will be made for several days in a row, and then revisits to show later progress, what is the best strategy, for that duration (plus revisits) given a location where permissions are needed?

I whole heartedly do not agree with your suggestion on asking for MAX time.

If you only need a month then why "clutter" the system by asking for 24 months? That's a bit of an abuse of the system and exactly why our Drone NOTAM system is locked down as tight as it is now. Operators were putting NOTAMS up for months on end when they literally only needed a day or so but they wanted to be able to fly "just in case something comes up".

Aviation is about detail accuracy and you should request what you need.
It slipped by me the other day when I first read your reply.
What my club member has in his possession are NOT NOTAMs...they are documents allowing him to fly at locations near military bases. Its basically a LAANC type of approval for a much more secure area in D airspace that would otherwise be off limits.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos