DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC question

ddodell

Reactions
I want to fly in an area where LAANC apps say is zero feet.

As a recreational pilot, can I file on DroneZone for an exemption, or do you need to be Part 107 to file to exemption?

Thank you

You need to be Part 107 to be approved for the exemption. You can try to file, but the FAA's published guidance is that your request will be rejected due to your lack of a Part 107 certificate.

You need to be Part 107 to be approved for the exemption. You can try to file, but the FAA's published guidance is that your request will be rejected due to your lack of a Part 107 certificate.

Thank you ... that is what I suspected ... I guess another reason to study for my Part 107 ... I have no interest in the commercial aspect, but would like to have more flexibility on where I can fly.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Thank you ... that is what I suspected ... I guess another reason to study for my Part 107 ... I have no interest in the commercial aspect, but would like to have more flexibility on where I can fly.
Are you saying that Rec says zero, but 107 gives you an altitude you can fly? Sorry, I typically fly 107 commercial when in limited flight areas, I don't know or did not realize the flight heights may be different. Never tried to get authorization for Rec in a height limited area.

Reactions: Ron Caballero CAP
Are you saying that Rec says zero, but 107 gives you an altitude you can fly? Sorry, I typically fly 107 commercial when in limited flight areas, I don't know or did not realize the flight heights may be different. Never tried to get authorization for Rec in a height limited area.
I may be wrong, and am willing to be corrected...BUT: It is my understanding that "0" feet means "No Fly Zone." LAANC grants permission, for a specific amount of time, to fly "up to the height designated." 200' permission allow you to fly up to 200' in that area. If the area is "0", you can fly up to "0," or NFZ.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu