DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC under Section 44809 Recreational

If you’re flying in controlled airspace, you need permission, 107 or 44809.

LAANC is one of the methods you can use.

I understand I need a permission. The question what do I have to have already to be eligible for a permission?

I understand I need a permission. The question what do I have to have already to be eligible for a permission?
Just use a LAANC provider. I use Air Control. Set up an account and you’re good to go.

LAANC providers will text and email you a copy of your authorization. Just keep it with you in case you are questioned by the "Administrator" or State/ Local law enforcement.

Cheers

My question is what do I need to have in order to be eligible to apply for LAAANC? Nothing?

My question is what do I need to have in order to be eligible to apply for LAAANC? Nothing?
Per Vic's reply. When you set up your account, you will identify yourself, your drone, and the pertinent information. In my case, I had to supply my 107 cert. So they may ask for a Trust cert. for Rec. but that's no big deal. They WILL ask for your drone registration info. Other than that, you should be good to go.

I was only asked for my name, phone number, and email and they issued an authorization.

Back to my original question I still want to know what are the minimums one need under section 44809?