DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lake Drummond, VA - Anyone know if OK to fly there?

naiku

Reactions
In a couple weeks I will be in the area of Lake Drummond and trying to figure out if I can fly my drone there, looking on the B4UFly app shows it should be fine, but I want to be absolutely certain before flying. Problem is I might not actually be able to get to the lake, but want to be prepared if I can. I will be on the side near the Dismal Swamp Canal Trail parking and cannot see any trails that I can use to hike into the lake from that area. I am though both hopeful that there is a trail to get to the lake from that side and that it is possible to fly there.

Thanks.

Lake Drummond is fully contained within the Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge. From the FAA:
Pilots are requested to maintain a minimum altitude of 2,000 feet above the surface of the following: National Parks, Monuments, Seashores, Lakeshores, Recreation Areas and Scenic Riverways administered by the National Park Service, National Wildlife Refuges, Big Game Refuges, Game Ranges and Wildlife Ranges administered by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and Wilderness and Primitive areas administered by the U.S. Forest Service.

Reactions: naiku
Thanks, that rules out the drone then!! Looks like I'll just take the camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidwujr