DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lancc and Dronzone confusion

Crush4602

Reactions
I'm a new 107 pilot and was hired to film some B-roll footage for a realtor in Tampa Fl. For those that don't know, Tampa has 3 airports, an AF base and about 25 helipads in a close proximity. I went thinking I would get authorization through Airmap as everything I was doing seemed to be class G or under 100 ft. I was never given any authorizations from airmap. I wasn't denied either. I simply did not get any text messages regarding the flights I requested. I decided to launch but then DJI prohibited me from doing so. I drove home a couple hours away and applied for a waivers for each location through dronezone and in less than a day the faa cancelled all of them stating they were all class G. What am I not getting here?

DJI does get a bit overprotective, particularly around runway approaches but you usually can unlock. I've flown my M2 in the park downtown along the Hillsborough River.

TIA airspace is certainly nothing to mess with.

Your issue wouldn't happen to have been within 5 miles of Tampa Executive Airport?

Last edited:
Reactions: Crush4602
I'm a new 107 pilot and was hired to film some B-roll footage for a realtor in Tampa Fl. For those that don't know, Tampa has 3 airports, an AF base and about 25 helipads in a close proximity. I went thinking I would get authorization through Airmap as everything I was doing seemed to be class G or under 100 ft. I was never given any authorizations from airmap. I wasn't denied either. I simply did not get any text messages regarding the flights I requested. I decided to launch but then DJI prohibited me from doing so. I drove home a couple hours away and applied for a waivers for each location through dronezone and in less than a day the faa cancelled all of them stating they were all class G. What am I not getting here?
I may be missing something here, but you won’t need to request authorization for class G airspace. If your signed up with a DJi account, you should be able to unlock and fly.

Blue Skys and Happy Trails.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun