DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Land crashed and bend one of 2 long legs backward

Sd80mac

Reactions
I looked into dji care. And it seems that it doesnt cover the damage. Will they?

If not, who would u suggest for me to sent my drone to? And approx how mich will it set me back (from dji care and any dji service)

Thanks

Not enough info here to answer your questions.
picture of crash damage?

If you can solder and watch a YT vid, it's pretty easy to repair it yourself. If you can't solder (you need a commercial grade one, not a hobby soldering iron), you can take it a shop for soldering that repairs music equipment like speakers, microphones and so forth. Easy.

Reactions: Sd80mac
Seems the housing part is broken but obviously i cant see inside
If you can solder and watch a YT vid, it's pretty easy to repair it yourself. If you can't solder (you need a commercial grade one, not a hobby soldering iron), you can take it a shop for soldering that repairs music equipment like speakers, microphones and so forth. Easy.

Thanks to all who replied.

DDS. Ill keep u in my mind for future, after dji care refresh expires. Can u give me idea of ballpark cost for this repair?

Thanks!

No error message in my app..

Camera looks fine (its gloomy day so ..) and gumball moves fine.

Even the led and motor on damaged landing leg (what is this offically called?) Are working. It does flashes and motor is running.

I know that inside the damaged housing is full of topsoil.
any errors in the app & does the camera work?

Called dji care people. They said it would replace whole thing for $139 (everyone know that) i asked him if if just part that need repair/replace. They dont know how much. I said that if its just parts that need replace. I rather to pay... say $60 and save $139 for fully damaged since im only limited to 2 replacements. He said he understand that abd they would get in touch w me if parts are just needed to replaced.

I said ok. And i went to website to fill out request for work order. Last thing before iclick agreement is that i see fine print that i have to pay $65/hour if i reject their service (if i find better service quote from dds)

So.. thats put me in tough spot... go ahead w refresh care or screw that and go to dds?

Called dji care people. They said it would replace whole thing for $139 (everyone know that) i asked him if if just part that need repair/replace. They dont know how much. I said that if its just parts that need replace. I rather to pay... say $60 and save $139 for fully damaged since im only limited to 2 replacements. He said he understand that abd they would get in touch w me if parts are just needed to replaced.

I said ok. And i went to website to fill out request for work order. Last thing before iclick agreement is that i see fine print that i have to pay $65/hour if i reject their service (if i find better service quote from dds)

So.. thats put me in tough spot... go ahead w refresh care or screw that and go to dds?
Parts and labor will definitely set you back more than $139. Get the replacement or do it yourself.

I looked into dji care. And it seems that it doesnt cover the damage. Will they?

If not, who would u suggest for me to sent my drone to? And approx how mich will it set me back (from dji care and any dji service)

Thanks
Why would you think Care Refresh wouldn't cover it? Sure, it's not a warranty issue but Care Refresh is insurance.

I looked it up but couldnt find where it says it would cover the repair and/ or replacement part...

It turns out that i would have to pay..
Why would you think Care Refresh wouldn't cover it? Sure, it's not a warranty issue but Care Refresh is insurance.

Yep, that's what the refresh is all about. For a much lower cost than retail, you get a replacement. They will still evaluate the repair unless you opt foe Express, where you can opt for the repair cost instead of the replacement. They'll default to the lower cost option.

Think of the refresh fee as a deductible.

They used to have Care, where they cover repairs cumulative up to the price of a new unit. Now they have refresh. Pay up front for the policy to get two refresh incidents with increasing deductible.

You may be confusing warrantied repair with refresh. Incidental damage is indeed not covered under warranty.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr