DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing gear extenders

Nicky G

Reactions
Hey all. Anyone have any landing gear extenders that are decent? I bought a set from "Skyreat" and it's one of the few variations sold under countless brand names on Amazon. Only one of the front leg extenders fits well, and I tried both legs -- one is definitely molded to a different fit than the other. So, I'm returning them, but the problem is, they look identical to the majority of those sold by "other sellers." Anyone have this issue, and find a set that worked well?

Hey all. Anyone have any landing gear extenders that are decent? I bought a set from "Skyreat" and it's one of the few variations sold under countless brand names on Amazon. Only one of the front leg extenders fits well, and I tried both legs -- one is definitely molded to a different fit than the other. So, I'm returning them, but the problem is, they look identical to the majority of those sold by "other sellers." Anyone have this issue, and find a set that worked well?
41gl7VRENgL.jpg

these silicone ones are the best
gives a little absorption for hard landings and gives good clearance.

41eR0kQmUfL.jpg

I have these, and they're very well made: Amazon.com: FSL DJI Mavic Pro Landing Gear Leg Height Extender Kit Riser Set Stabilizers with Protection Pad (Grey): Camera & Photo Don't worry about the goofy gold junk in some of the photos for it on Amazon - they are grey and match the Mavic almost perfectly. I didn't bother with the little felt thingies; they wouldn't last long outdoors anyway.

I do wish the tabs on the rear legs that hold it in place were a little longer to make it more difficult to remove - I had the rear leg assembly pop off when my Mavic kissed a tree branch and I had to go looking for it - a grey piece of plastic also matches decaying leaves pretty well too, complicating the search.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stride8
41eR0kQmUfL.jpg

I have these, and they're very well made: Amazon.com: FSL DJI Mavic Pro Landing Gear Leg Height Extender Kit Riser Set Stabilizers with Protection Pad (Grey): Camera & Photo Don't worry about the goofy gold junk in some of the photos for it on Amazon - they are grey and match the Mavic almost perfectly. I didn't bother with the little felt thingies; they wouldn't last long outdoors anyway.

I do wish the tabs on the rear legs that hold it in place were a little longer to make it more difficult to remove - I had the rear leg assembly pop off when my Mavic kissed a tree branch and I had to go looking for it - a grey piece of plastic also matches decaying leaves pretty well too, complicating the search.
These look, in the picture anyway, identical to the ones I ordered. I'm loathe to order from "another company" when they all use the same picture, ya know? Do you find the front ones get in the way of the camera at any angle?

41gl7VRENgL.jpg

Any camera blockage? And link by any chance? I didn't see these on Amazon, but there are something like 13 pages of results when searching for "mavic landing gear extender" so I may have missed them. I'll try adding "silicone" and see if they come up.

These look, in the picture anyway, identical to the ones I ordered. I'm loathe to order from "another company" when they all use the same picture, ya know? Do you find the front ones get in the way of the camera at any angle?
F-stop Labs seems to stand behind their products, so if you like the design try ordering from that specific link as I did.

I just added them, haven't really given the camera a good workout and haven't modified the software limits in sport mode, but so far no interference, and I don't expect any since they hang lower but aren't angled any closer to the camera viewing range, so I doubt they'd interfere.

F-stop Labs seems to stand behind their products, so if you like the design try ordering from that specific link as I did.

I just added them, haven't really given the camera a good workout and haven't modified the software limits in sport mode, but so far no interference, and I don't expect any since they hang lower but aren't angled any closer to the camera viewing range, so I doubt they'd interfere.
Just ordered, thanks for the link and feedback -- we shall see!

Have you had any problems with the silicone material grabbing or bending on a landing with some horizontal movement - I'm wondering if they might tip the aircraft and maybe cause a propeller strike?

Have you had any problems with the silicone material grabbing or bending on a landing with some horizontal movement - I'm wondering if they might tip the aircraft and maybe cause a propeller strike?

not really but then again but i land with zero horizontal speed, thats the beauty of vertical lift. i suspect it would grab to some extent but not sure why any one would have forward momentum on landing.

actually the best way to land i have noticed is by hand catching it, i have only been doing this in the past 3 months and its been great!

Last edited:
Any camera blockage? And link by any chance? I didn't see these on Amazon, but there are something like 13 pages of results when searching for "mavic landing gear extender" so I may have missed them. I'll try adding "silicone" and see if they come up.
not sure what you mean by camera blockage but it clears the ground quiet well.
these are sold for like $2 ebay. there all over it so just search for "silicon landing gear mavic"

these are sold for like $2 ebay. there all over it so just search for "silicon landing gear mavic"
Do they show up in the recorded video frame when the gimbal is at extreme angles, for instance.

Yup. I got the silicone ones off of ebay. $1.58 shipped from China. Took 2 weeks to get here but totally worth it.
I just leave them on all the time. My Canon camera bag has plenty of room and clearance, so they don't get in the way of anything.

I got a set of these but stopped using them almost immediately as the hassle of clipping them on and off before and after each flight took longer than simply finding a flat spot to take off from. Get used to hand-catching and they become a little superfluous.... (imho)

Cheers,

Ian

Last edited:
Reactions: butterflyslicer
41eR0kQmUfL.jpg

I use these as well. I put the felt on and it seems to be lasting, but only time will tell.

I have yet to have them show up on any video or pic. I also leave them on since I use a camera backpack to carry the Mavic, and there's plenty of room for it with the extenders on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60