DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing Gear Extensions

Mavic Airick

Reactions
I'm concerned about the camera and gimble being so low to the ground. Does anybody use the aftermarket landing gear extensions for the Air? If so, which brand do you use and do you like them? Also, have you noticed any diminished signal strength with them on?

Last edited:
Very nice job. Have you weighed them? Have you noticed any effect on flight time?

These are not my design, just what I used. I don't have a small scale to weight them. I'd say that they are about as heavy as 2 AAA batteries. I've not noticed any flight differences. I've not used them a lot though.

Reactions: FIB1
Hand launch and land...no reduction in handling or flight time...and a few extra $$$ in your pocket.
Flew three flights today, used hand launch and land for all three...rough terrain, lots of dirt...no point getting dust/dirt inside the drone or damaging the gimbal on rough terrain.
There are a few YouTube videos about hand landing the Air, basically just bring it down to head level, put your hand under it (flat palm facing up), then throttle down. It may bob up and down once or twice when the sensors see your hand as an obstacle...just keep holding the throttle down and it will land on your palm.
Happy Flying!!

Sorry i wasn’t paying full attention and thought you were still referring to the sprite landing gear

Please open the REAR then the FRONT...before you damage your Mavic Air.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead