DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing MM without Props Stopping

Adjusting the Landing Protection, Vision Sensors, and Precision Landing to OFF (I use Litchi) - one can Land the Mavic without the Props Stopping.
As long as the Stop in shorter than 3 or so seconds, the Props will slow, but not switch off.
DISCLAIMER: You should be Really PRECISE with a Remote controller for this. There is No Auto slowing down when landing (as You may be used to) with "Landing Protection" ON.
Its Off... and a hard down will damage your bird.
So Softly does it.

Not an option for the Mini.

Adjusting the Landing Protection, Vision Sensors, and Precision Landing to OFF (I use Litchi) - one can Land the Mavic without the Props Stopping.
As long as the Stop in shorter than 3 or so seconds, the Props will slow, but not switch off.
DISCLAIMER: You should be Really PRECISE with a Remote controller for this. There is No Auto slowing down when landing (as You may be used to) with "Landing Protection" ON.
So Softly does it.
(This was done with M2Z - but MM should work the same.)
If the Mini could use Litchi witch it can't. Thanks though.

So Softly does it.
(This was done with M2Z - but MM should work the same.)
On the M2P and Zoom with all sensors on you can land and let props stop and then take off again... why would not letting the props stop be useful?

Reactions: WooZie
On the M2P and Zoom with all sensors on you can land and let props stop and then take off again... why would not letting the props stop be useful?

The OP asked the Question - for a TOuch and Go. I answered.
In normal terms... a T&G refers to a flight that lands momentarily and takes off again... (with all systems Ready for quick flight)

In a Plane / Helicopter, the Flaps, Systems and Engines are ready for full departure momentarily after landing (if necessary)

... also in this case, the Home Point is Not RESET if the Flight session has not ended.
- So the RTH is not affected...
- for whatever reason thats required.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Interesting - I'll have a play with that when I'm allowed out again!
Here ya go. Had issues with screen recording not transferring sound to video and made this speed up in spots
to keep it short. Also forgot to lower my RTH height.?
but you get the idea.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Here ya go. Had issues with screen recording not transferring sound to video and made this speed up in spots
to keep it short. Also forgot to lower my RTH height.?
but you get the idea.
Well it looks like the “touch and go” mentioned above must almost take a bounce off the ground to prevent reset of HP.@Rockowe is correct at all.
Thanks for the test and demo! Winds have been 25-30 mph at surface here for 24 hrs so I’m grounded.
BTW the other thing you demonstrated is the only “crowd” you can fly over legally! ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Wel it looks like the “touch and go” mentioned above move almost take a bounce off the ground to prevent rest of HP if @Rockowe is correct at all.
Thanks for the test and demo! Winds have bee 25-30 mph at surface here for 24 hrs so I’m grounded.
BTW the other thing you demonstrated is the only “crowd” you can fly over legally! ;)
;) They don't mind ,i like to fly there alot. Getting to know who i will be laying with one day.

• Haha
Reactions: Thomas B
The OP asked the Question - for a TOuch and Go. I answered.
In normal terms... a T&G refers to a flight that lands momentarily and takes off again... (with all systems Ready for quick flight)

In a Plane / Helicopter, the Flaps, Systems and Engines are ready for full departure momentarily after landing (if necessary)

... also in this case, the Home Point is Not RESET if the Flight session has not ended.
- So the RTH is not affected...
- for whatever reason thats required.

Hope this helps

But unlike a chopper, there's almost no wait for the props to accelerate from off to full speed, so I guess I don't see the point. It'd just waste battery.

I'm new to this forum and just catching up on interesting topics. If I'm understanding this correctly, the issue here is not so much about whether or not you can prevent the propellers from stopping when landed, but rather preventing a new Home Position from being recorded when the Mini subsequently takes off again from that remote landing location. Correct?

There is a simple solution to that.

I don't think you can prevent the new Home Position automatically being recorded when the Mini starts up and takes off. But you can then immediately change the Home Position to any new location of your choice.

Tap the "..." at the top right of the app screen to bring up the menu. Under Safety scroll down to "Update Home Point". That pops up the map display. There you have three options. You can drag the map around to drop the Home Point at any new location of your choosing, for example the nearest shoreline. Or you can tap the aircraft symbol to choose the current location of the aircraft as the new Home Point. Or you can tap the controller symbol to set the Home Point to the location of your controller.

Important Note: None of those selections are "dynamic". The Home Point will NOT automatically follow your controller position if you subsequently move to a new location, i.e. riding in a moving boat or a car. It merely sets the Home Position to the particular fixed location where you are at the moment you push the button. If you move away from that spot, you'll need to reset the Home Position again.

Here's another interesting thing to try. As long as you have a control signal connection, you can actually change the Home Point while the Mini is already flying en-route in a RTH process, but apparently not if it is already descending to land. See starting at 4:15 in the 3rd video (Test#3) in <this YouTube playlist>.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven