DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing pad for MavikAir

Plainsman

Reactions
I live on a ranch and there are NO clear, level spaces except those that send up clouds of dust. So I’ve had to improvise a take-off/landing pad that is portable enough to be useful. I’ve drafted a 26x30” drawing board for the job. This allows me to avoid the many dangers that landings, particularly, can proved. (Note the one that the aircraft is looking at!) These boards are available at most art-supply stores and certainly available on the net. I’ve had mine so long I have no idea where I got it. I added a leather carrying handle and it works a treat. No patty landings for me! :)

landing pad.jpglanding pad.jpg

Reactions: Tufargon
An ordinary cuttingboard of oak seems to do the same job? Or maybe a folding mat specially made for the purpose. ?24952374-A332-4F42-8075-C1269F2C3D11.jpeg

Whatever works for your situation. I already had this "landing pad" so I didn't have to make or buy anything. I like its large size and I carry it in a UTV so it's no problem to take it where it's needed. I like your H-pad. A fold-up?

Reactions: e143slime8
I live on a ranch and there are NO clear, level spaces except those that send up clouds of dust. So I’ve had to improvise a take-off/landing pad that is portable enough to be useful. I’ve drafted a 26x30” drawing board for the job. This allows me to avoid the many dangers that landings, particularly, can proved. (Note the one that the aircraft is looking at!) These boards are available at most art-supply stores and certainly available on the net. I’ve had mine so long I have no idea where I got it. I added a leather carrying handle and it works a treat. No patty landings for me! :)

View attachment 83767View attachment 83767
Thought that was a coiled snake until I blew up the photo on my phone.

Reactions: JimR78

View attachment 83767View attachment 83767
I sometimes launch from sloping sites so my popup nylon one causes the drone to slide off. This idea, with some wedges would solve that problem. Thanks for posting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242