DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

landing pad

That was my thought too, but didn’t know it as a fact.

I use a cut out piece of Luan plywood (thin, but pretty firm) and also add the Mavic Pro landing leg extensions when outdoors and landing on soil, snow, driveway, etc. Seems to work good, but not very portable (the plywood) aside from being under my pickup seat.

I've just got this as a landing pad, with a quick twist it folds up to about 4" but now thinking about it, the outer circle has got a wire in, will that affect the compassView attachment 124372
I have never seen that brand of landing pad, but the one I have (it has a metal wire too) does not mess with my drones at all. I know others too and they have not had problems with the wires. I would recommend doing a calibration away from it though.

I've just got this as a landing pad, with a quick twist it folds up to about 4" but now thinking about it, the outer circle has got a wire in, will that affect the compassView attachment 124372
My store bought landing pad also has a wire in it. For all intents and purposes the same as what you have here. I can make extremely precise landing with it. Just try it. I use the auto take off and let it land all in auto. Lands right on the spot. I'm using a Mavic Air 2.

Reactions: RobertR
My commercially-made landing mat (fold-out type) has a wire made of a ferrous metal. Works great, and never had any issues with compass or calibration.

Just try it - I'm sure it'll be just fine.

My commercially-made landing mat (fold-out type) has a wire made of a ferrous metal. Works great, and never had any issues with compass or calibration.

Just try it - I'm sure it'll be just fine.
thanks, I'll try it tomorrow Thumbswayup

The problem with metal is it can cause the compass to read wrong. In this case the metal would be equidistant in all directions with the drone in the center. It cannot cause a bad reading if the drone is centered.
just had a launch from the LP all ok but when I landed back on the pad a message appeared , compass calibration required, so the metal wire does affect the compass

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones