DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing pads

It's amazing how the same landing pads end up with different labels with wildly varying prices. If this isn't the same one that I bought for $16 it's more than similar for just under $11. I've seen the same pad go for $20. There are pads smaller than the 30" one but I couldn't recommend it. My buddy has one that is square and folds in 1/4's and I like mine better.

Landing pad on Amazon

Reactions: charliej
It's amazing how the same landing pads end up with different labels with wildly varying prices. If this isn't the same one that I bought for $16 it's more than similar for just under $11. I've seen the same pad go for $20. There are pads smaller than the 30" one but I couldn't recommend it. My buddy has one that is square and folds in 1/4's and I like mine better.

Landing pad on Amazon
I bought this exact pad about an hour ago from Warehouse Deals for a bit over $9. Fakespot = "A" for the reviews.

Reactions: Mtnguy
Prices do fluctuate a ton! If I am getting a bigger purchase from Amazon I take a quick peek at CamelCamelCamel and see how the pricing fluctuates. It wouldnt show the Prime Day prices but gave me a good idea about the things I did purchase.

Kent

I love your videos! I stumbled across your site on Youtube the other day and love watching your videos!

Keep the videos coming !

Mike :)

Landing pad on Amazon

Yeah that’s the one I have. It was a gift so she don’t know how much. That’s crazy the price is all over the place. I love mine and it’s easy to fold up

I use a square out of an old piece of plywood. If it’s on grass, I can kind of step on it without bending to level/firm-up the landing surface. I call it the tarmac...:)

Reactions: Crystalphantom
I'm using the plastic lid from the white barrels you get from Lowes Home Depot Canadian Tire etc

Don't have one already? Go to a local DIY wine store and buy just the lid for a primary fermenter. It's just a larger white barrel but you only pay a couple of bucks for the lid.

Im thinking a landing pad with the printed H on it helps with RTH if you take off from pad go up 7 feet or so, pause to let MA2 set RTH, and then fly. Any opinions on this idea?

This is a good solution. I always try to take-off and land from a grassy, or other natural area. So, I use the spikes I got with my landing pad to hold it down and they've worked fine even in windy weather. The spikes are cheap plastic but if they even break, I'll simply replace them with metal spikes like the kind used on small tents. Why do I always look for a natural area to take-off and land? Because, even with the metal body Mavic 2 Pro I fly, I have still experienced magnetic interference from sidewalks or other steel re-enforced concrete areas like driveways. I have taken off once from asphalt (my landing pad on top) once, with no problem. I feel like most of the "runaway" stories I read from drone users involve talking off from bad locations and not calibrating the compass.

This is a good solution. I always try to take-off and land from a grassy, or other natural area. So, I use the spikes I got with my landing pad to hold it down and they've worked fine even in windy weather. The spikes are cheap plastic but if they even break, I'll simply replace them with metal spikes like the kind used on small tents. Why do I always look for a natural area to take-off and land? Because, even with the metal body Mavic 2 Pro I fly, I have still experienced magnetic interference from sidewalks or other steel re-enforced concrete areas like driveways. I have taken off once from asphalt (my landing pad on top) once, with no problem. I feel like most of the "runaway" stories I read from drone users involve talking off from bad locations and not calibrating the compass.
If you buy the pad that comes with the carry case that the hold downs that Mr. Kent made will fit in the bag with it. Never have to put the spikes in again. Plus you will not have to worry about it staying in the sand or placing it on a rocky surface.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie