DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing skid???

I do like the mini tank look but 50 bucks is absurd. We will see from guys that actually get them here and can give us some real world reviews. I agree with another poster. If the terrain isn't ideal just hand catch it, it isn't that difficult.

Lol, that may be the reason he made them

There's another option available on eBay for $7 - $10 depending on what supplier you selectIMG_1766.PNG

Those leg extenders look horrible.

This is a unique cool little invention. It's worth more than $20 because if you 3D print that it will take forever... also adding the gimbal bushings.

I just hand catch mine anyway. It's so easy. I never did with the Phantom 4 or 3 I had because it felt to clumsy to do so while holding the stick down. The Mavic is easier to hand catch

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Interesting concept but not sure I would get it:

Google Drone Valley and click on the Store. There you will find a Ground Clearance Kit that does not interfere with anything and weigh's almost nothing. You can get it for $13 and some change.I am not associated with Drone Valley, just noticed it on their You Tube channel.

I like it. Need something to launch/land from snow, and this seems to be a better solution than the foot extenders currently available which would all just sink into the snow. Just ordered one. $50 is a bit much for what it is, but I'll try anything at this point.

Just curious, I have been looking at various leg extension kits too and I have to wonder if the Heli Pads (some as cheap as 30 bucks) wouldn't be a better idea? I understand it would only work at the base landing area and not an away station but..........

This is cool though.

I saw rotor protectors that attach securely and had to wonder if a combination rotor protector & leg extension could be developed. I am in favor of the wider stance.

Okay, got my $50 Arris XL Landing Skid (took a bit longer than they indicated). I have to say, I won't be using it for a few reasons.

1. There is virtually no additional clearance on the front legs. I can see a case where the front leg could catch on something before the skid even came into play.

2. The rear of the skids butt up against the pivot point of the rear arms causing it to push outward.

3. The mounting plate covers a good portion of the bottom heat sink. We all know these Mavics can get pretty hot and I don't want any excess heat being trapped.

4. Although, I understand the high cost as it takes a lot of time to print these, it isn't worth $50 to me. (I wont return it but I wont use it either.)

These are just my opinions and I'm not trying to slam the product. I really liked the idea but it's just not for me.

Jerry

Arris XL Skid-03.JPG Arris XL Skid-01.JPG Arris XL Skid-04.JPG Arris XL Skid-02.JPG

Reactions: SkyHigh Pryo
Okay, got my $50 Arris XL Landing Skid (took a bit longer than they indicated). I have to say, I won't be using it for a few reasons.

1. There is virtually no additional clearance on the front legs. I can see a case where the front leg could catch on something before the skid even came into play.

2. The rear of the skids butt up against the pivot point of the rear arms causing it to push outward.

3. The mounting plate covers a good portion of the bottom heat sink. We all know these Mavics can get pretty hot and I don't want any excess heat being trapped.

4. Although, I understand the high cost as it takes a lot of time to print these, it isn't worth $50 to me. (I wont return it but I wont use it either.)

These are just my opinions and I'm not trying to slam the product. I really liked the idea but it's just not for me.

Jerry

View attachment 3265 View attachment 3266 View attachment 3267 View attachment 3268

Thanks Jerryfor taking the time on this. I was thinking of getting one also, but now I will wait to see what else comes along. I did like the fact that it does keep the stress and pressure of the leg joints. Maybe if the would reverse the shocks it would lift it up sum. True about the heat sink be covered up sum, but I would think as long as it is motion the air flow would help out, could be wrong tho.

Once again thank you for your follow up and impressions of it. [emoji106]

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Reactions: JtrJr
Ordered the polarpro ones on the site, look very stable with the broad stance, time will tell.
DJI_Mavic_Leg_Extenders_1024x1024.png

Ordered the polarpro ones on the site, look very stable with the broad stance, time will tell.
DJI_Mavic_Leg_Extenders_1024x1024.png
Saw those also and liked them. Still concerned about the stress and pressure on the leg joints. I know it doesn't weigh much, but the pressure on landing still adds stress to it. Just my $.02 worth.

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife