DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing skid???

Genius. What did DJI put the mounting slots there for, was addon landing gear their intention? Does it not interfere at all with the downward VPS and sonic sensors? Wonder what difference the added weight and change in aerodynamics has on flight time.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Someone will probably come up with homebuilt from a 3D printer in the future.

3d printed will be rough looking and heavier, this looks like injection mounded, that's why he can get the spring shock effect.

Is it? To me it looks like rubberpuffs from a gimbal between upper and lower skids.

I like it. Need something to launch/land from snow, and this seems to be a better solution than the foot extenders currently available which would all just sink into the snow. Just ordered one. $50 is a bit much for what it is, but I'll try anything at this point.

Super interesting design. 2 Pieces joined by what appears to be a custom knock off of the Phantom rubber bushing thing-a-ma-bobs. Those give it the sponginess. Makes me want to design something similar. Oh and for the smoothness . The front rounded edges have been lightly sanded to give more of a smoothing effect. This can also be achieved to a certain extent by what is known as acetone vapor finishing.

Do you think there would be any issues with effecting the heat sink? Appears not to interfere with the VPS.

These look way to bulky and for all that bulk it looks to only add maybe a 1/2" of height.
Although.... I do get that it is protecting the undercarriage.... But there will be a much better design hopefully in the near future.

For now, I like the leg extensions the best.

These look way to bulky and for all that bulk it looks to only add maybe a 1/2" of height.
Although.... I do get that it is protecting the undercarriage.... But there will be a much better design hopefully in the near future.

For now, I like the leg extensions the best.
I agree. I noticed that it adds very little ground clearance and agree that it looks to be about a half inch at most. That would mean little reduction in blown up dust/dirt. I do see some advantage on uneven ground - it would keep the sensors off the ground - but the props may be more at risk as it allows it to tip further until the original feet touch. It would allow it to sit on the snow and maybe even to "float" on mowed grass. I wonder how much it blocks the downward sensors. I am hesitant but interested in more demos.

$50 is way too much for something that costs under $5 (it maybe under $2) to make. Some Chinese company will copy this and sell it for $20, then I'll buy it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife