DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landscape screen recording.

Arnu69

Reactions
Just got into screen recording. So I've worked out how to get it to play back in landscape on my phone but can I get it to play back in landscape on my pc????? I can't work out if I'm doing something wrong. I know I can ( not very easily ) mess about with the player on my pc but then it plays everything else on its side !!! Surely it's easier than that . Any help appreciated , Thanks.

With mine (XRecorder) and with regards to watching on a PC, it seems to depend on whether the app was running before the recorder started. I noticed this possibility last night and I haven't had a chance to confirm or refute it ye but, if the recorder is recording before the app is started then I get portrait mode and or a shrunken playing area if it flips to landscape..
A solution would be very welcome as I'd prefer tostart the screen capture before the app starts

Even with my cellphone and digital camera, I have occasionally had waterfalls flowing sideways, although not always. I don't know what tricks it! A video editing program that I use (Magix) can rotate it 90 degrees.

Just got into screen recording. So I've worked out how to get it to play back in landscape on my phone but can I get it to play back in landscape on my pc????? I can't work out if I'm doing something wrong. I know I can ( not very easily ) mess about with the player on my pc but then it plays everything else on its side !!! Surely it's easier than that . Any help appreciated , Thanks.

Windows "might" comes with an app called Movie Maker. Just press the Windows key 1595820875158.png on the bottom of your keyboard, type Movie Maker to find it, start it. If it doesn't show up, I guess you don't have it, but no worries, you can Install Windows Essentials (free).

It'll rotate your video no problem (and it's almost instantaneous!).
  1. Load your video into it (drag/drop video onto app window)
  2. Rotate your video
  3. Save
1595820957506.png

Windows "might" comes with an app called Movie Maker. Just press the Windows key View attachment 109021 on the bottom of your keyboard, type Movie Maker to find it, start it. If it doesn't show up, I guess you don't have it, but no worries, you can Install Windows Essentials (free).

It'll rotate your video no problem (and it's almost instantaneous!).
  1. Load your video into it (drag/drop video onto app window)
  2. Rotate your video
  3. Save
View attachment 109023
This looks favourite. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: passedpawn
I ran into the same problem with the screen recorder of iOS in my iphone 11 pro at the beginning.

Then I found that if I started the recorder when the DJI GO app is running on the foreground, the recorded footage will be in landscape mode. I believe thats because the DJI app forces the phone to display in landscape mode.

Reactions: Arnu69
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143