DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Large files

Rwhite73

Reactions
Im a newbie. Just got my drone 2 days ago. I was able to get videos with large files. To download or share takes forever. Can i set the drone to a certain setting so its a smaller file however the quality is not altered.

Sorry guys, im so new to this. Thank you. I may have more questions.

Im a newbie. Just got my drone 2 days ago. I was able to get videos with large files. To download or share takes forever. Can i set the drone to a certain setting so its a smaller file however the quality is not altered.

Sorry guys, im so new to this. Thank you. I may have more questions.
More info needed. Which drone? What resolution are you recording at? What file format?

You should note,however, that file size is directly proportional to video quality

The size of the file is directly related to it's length, video quality and compression used. You cannot change the compression, you can control the length and the video quality but this is done manually.

If you are shooting long videos, you should break them up into shorter lengths. Long, continuous shots will bore people and you run the risk of losing everything if a file gets corrupted.

Best at first is to use 1080p video instead of 4k. It first reduce size a lot and you will hardly see a difference at start. After if you expect to edit your video, then you can start to use 4k, but it is a killer in term of storage space and upload time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu