DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Largest cruise ship in world

Hayabusa

Reactions
The largest cruise ship Symphony of the Seas is at our port and leaves tonight at 8pm. Making a point to get out and film it. I’ve been trying to catch this one for a while but something always would come up.
Have to go see what’s the best settings for some cool night shots in both video and pics.

Awesome, they are fantastic to see up close.

You're in Miami ?

Here in Australia there are no restrictions as such for flying near ships in general, just the air authority drone rules re flying over people, so we generally keep away 30m to the sides, never over.

The largest cruise ship Symphony of the Seas is at our port and leaves tonight at 8pm. Making a point to get out and film it. I’ve been trying to catch this one for a while but something always would come up.
Have to go see what’s the best settings for some cool night shots in both video and pics.
I have been on that ship...me and my wife...

Looking forward to viewing your encounter.

He missed the boat, literally !!

He missed the boat, literally !!

Murphy strikes again.

why video tape it?

why video tape it?

A lot of people like ship videos :)
Others like trains, cars, etc etc, or as you'd expect almost all like landscapes and outdoors scenery.

I've caught a ship leaving port in a local river and although I was narby filming other things, and mostly I do scenery and items of interest, it was something I greatly enjoyed capturing that ship in departure.
It was only a dirty old tanker, but as a moving target it was a new experience for me.

Amazing ship to spend a week on. Had a helluva time.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1179870805~2.jpg
    Snapchat-1179870805~2.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 24
why video tape it?

Why do I have a flying video camera ?

Everything seems to be an issue with everybody on this site.

It’s the largest ship and I had an opportunity to possibly gets some shots and at night it looks amazing.

My bad!

It’s the largest ship and I had an opportunity to possibly gets some shots and at night it looks amazing.

My bad!

Agreed, but don't take the other post personally, forums and online in general is hard to see real meaning / intentions of the written word at times.

My bad!
I was only saying that, because I was only worrying about you getting your self into trouble, about flying over a cruise ship. I am sorry if it upset you. You are in control of your decisions.

I was only saying that, because I was only worrying about you getting your self into trouble, about flying over a cruise ship. I am sorry if it upset you. You are in control of your decisions.

There you go, innocent question, but easily misconstrued the way it was put forward.

I believe it's ok to fly near these ships, but I'd personally not fly over them, or too close in front of them in motion (leaving port etc).
We can't fly over busy places (Australia) people, vehicles etc, not even one person not involved in the flight (within 30m / 100' in fact !), and certainly it'd be hard to get a cruise ship in port without someone on deck.

In the US I believe the rule is no direct flight over a person, so you can fly close, but not right over.
Not the best rule I feel, drones move, a buffer is a good idea, bt looks like FAA aren't changing this so you have some freedom there (whether sensible or not is another thing).

Edit, always check for NFZs though, these may apply in places when such events occur.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser