DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest Firmware Update - Altitude Telemetry Incorrect

Acees40love

Reactions
Hi. I updated the firmware on my Mavic Pro at the beginning of the week. Have flown 2 flights since the update and during both flights, the altitude reading is completely wrong. I can be approximately 100 feet AGL and the telemetry reads 30-40 feet. Since my last two flights were for agricultural use, I need as much legal height as possible to capture more in each photo. In order to make sure I wasn't anywhere close to violating the 400' AGL height, I purposely flew much lower (maybe 50 feet above tree heights) in order to maintain regulation. I have a pre-flight checklist before each flight and calibrating the compass is on the list. I have turned off the drone and remote several times to no avail. I've also had gimbal issues since the update. Upon taking off, I will get the error message of too much gimbal vibration. In both instances I have immediately landed, performed a gimbal calibration and this problem has gone away. Other than these two issues, everything else is operating properly. Anybody else experience these problems? Thanks for any advice.

Oh, should've mentioned that I'm using the DJI GO 4 app that is up to date.

are you refering to the mavic 2 pro as there has not been a firmware update for the MP or MPP for a long time

Reactions: Ex Coelis
If the altitude is reading incorrectly then you need to retrieve one of the mobile device DAT files (or aircraft DAT file, but those are unnecessarily large and detailed for this purpose) - that will show the raw data that are used to compute altitude.

Reactions: Thomas B
I have found altitude to be off but no more than 10ft. It certainly shouldn't be 60ft off.
It's amazing it can be that accurate using a barometer.

I doubt it would help but have you tried an IMU calibration?

Has a setting been changed from imperial to metric by accident or in the firmware change

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka