DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest firmware update for brand new Mavic air

dgd3

Reactions
I've ordered my Mavic air and it will be here in a few days. Should I update to the latest firmware for the controller and the drone?

The application should prompt you when you connect. Once you update with one battery power down and continue with the rest.

Yes, once the firmware update finishes power the drone down and insert the next battery.

Reactions: fanni
Should I fully charge all batteries before turning anything on? I'm getting three.
I also have very slow Internet.

Last edited:
Not necessarily if you talking about firmware updating only. But you will see a message "not being able to update due to low charge" or something similar, if there is not enough charge in the battery.

My Mavic air is coming in a few days. Multirotorheli has issued me a DJI care refresh number. When do I go about entering that information? I understand there is a 48 hour time limit to get it in.

I just got this from multirotorheli: "you need to go dji.com, under support and refresh, and register there, you can do before firmware upgrades"

Yes. And you need to do it per battery as well.
How do I do each battery? After drone & controller firmware update I hear just pop each battery one by one turn on everything for a few minutes & that updates the batteries. Can you confirm? Thank you

How do I do each battery? After drone & controller firmware update I hear just pop each battery one by one turn on everything for a few minutes & that updates the batteries. Can you confirm? Thank you
Put the battery that has not been updated yet in your drone and go through the update process again but it won't take as long.

I updated my Mavic Air to the latest Firmware....But im still not getting the 5.8G channel Options...Anybody know of any fix..

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-05-06 at 1.37.18 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-05-06 at 1.37.18 PM.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 58
Update to the latest DJI Go App to get the rest of the channels, or as noted, use an Android device (just connect once).

There have been a couple of people that updating the app didn't work, and some combination of deleting and reinstalling the app and/or reinstalling the firmware via PC has helped

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King