DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

latest fly app update

And if you're flying with the Go app, you're already familiar with the attitude indicator.

Ok, maybe not if you're not using a tablet and stayed with the map view.

it is for the fly app ,if you are flying a Mavic Air 1, then it does not apply to you as you will be using the GO4 app
My control screen says 'Go Fly:.... how do you tell which is which?

If I get a Pro2, will I be able to use the same tablet for flying? Will the tablet be able to have both control systems on it?

My control screen says 'Go Fly:.... how do you tell which is which?

If I get a Pro2, will I be able to use the same tablet for flying? Will the tablet be able to have both control systems on it?
I have all three DJI apps on my tablet Plus Litchi, no issue just make sure only one is running at a time. Most shorten the DJI GO Fly App down to just Fly App, the others are Go 3 or just Go App..and the intermediate is Go 4. Search your Play Store/App store under DJI and you will see all of them. Go App (3) is just for Phantom and Inpire 1, Go 4 is for Mavic Pro onward till Mavic Mini which switched those to the "Fly App" so Mavic Mini onward is Go Fly, pretty much everything behind is Go 4, unless your old school like some of us that need all three ( I still fly a Phantom 3 Pro):p

I won't get into the migration of aircraft that worked on Go 3 and Go 4, for those so inclined to confuse the simple question ;)

Last edited:
Most shorten the DJI GO Fly App down to just Fly App
Perhaps that’s because DJI call it the “DJI Fly App”. I’ve never seen it officially called the “DJI Go Fly App”.

Reactions: DanMan32
I have all three DJI apps on my tablet Plus Litchi, no issue just make sure only one is running at a time. Most shorten the DJI GO Fly App down to just Fly App, the others are Go 3 or just Go App..and the intermediate is Go 4. Search your Play Store/App store under DJI and you will see all of them. Go App (3) is just for Phantom and Inpire 1, Go 4 is for Mavic Pro onward till Mavic Mini which switched those to the "Fly App" so Mavic Mini onward is Go Fly, pretty much everything behind is Go 4, unless your old school like some of us that need all three ( I still fly a Phantom 3 Pro):p

I won't get into the migration of aircraft that worked on Go 3 and Go 4, for those so inclined to confuse the simple question ;)
Thanks for the explanation. I have on;y had the Mk1 Air and I am still trying to fathom out how to use it. I still (after a year) not been able to get any of the quickshots to work yet. I have tried but I cannot get it to lock on to the subject, it has frustrated me somewhat. My flying has been limited by travel restrictions this year, which has probably turned into a blessing, because it means my flights have been training ony and will probably stand me in good stead. I wish I could get the quickshots to work though.

Actually Phantom 4 (and Inspire 2 for that matter) uses Go 4.
Its the P3 that uses Go 3. So does Matrice 100, 600 and several of the Osmos. You already mentioned the Inspire 1.

Originally there was only one version of Go but DJI split it into 2 versions a while after the Phantom 4/Mavic Pro was released. I suppose they wanted to pare down the code clutter for legacy products.

Thanks for the explanation. I have on;y had the Mk1 Air and I am still trying to fathom out how to use it. I still (after a year) not been able to get any of the quickshots to work yet. I have tried but I cannot get it to lock on to the subject, it has frustrated me somewhat. My flying has been limited by travel restrictions this year, which has probably turned into a blessing, because it means my flights have been training ony and will probably stand me in good stead. I wish I could get the quickshots to work though.

Keep in mind that some of the DJI drones that were the fist to offer the special picture features only worked ok not great . It might not be you , it could be your mavic air . The special video features on the air2 work great .

Reactions: KingRat

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inou