DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest GO4 app for Crystal Sky

Steady Eddie

Reactions
Hi all,
I've just received my 5.5" CS and updated the complete system including GO4 app. I then discovered that the GO4 app can be updated independently of the system, which I did later. The later app update seemed to load maps as well, which were not there with the first update. Anyway, all good so far. CS GO4 app is now ver. 4.3.16.
So my questions for you guys in the know are:-

1) I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that CS ver. 4.3.20 is available, but where do I find it?
(I also understand that CS versions lag behind the Android/iOS versions of the app which are now up to 4.3.24, as on my iPad mini 4).

2) The CS manual says that it's possible to update the CS using DJI assistant 2, but I had no success here. The DJI assistant 2 on my PC does not see the CS at all when connected via USB micro. What gives here?
(I did the updates over Wi-Fi with no problem).

Thanks in advance.

The CS manual says that it's possible to update the CS using DJI assistant 2,
Not only does it say so but it is maybe preferable when possible? When I got my M2 Pro with smart controller earlier in the year all attempts to update firmware for anything via the controller failed. Hooked up to a PC with Assistant 2.08 the updates all sailed through. So indeed what gives?

I have had huge problems today setting up a Mavic Air with CS and indeed Android phone which I posted about earlier today but it doesn't appear to have found its way to the forum. I may re-post later if the original is really lost.

Reactions: Geoff9251
Not sure about Steady Eddie but I don't have any card in the controller and I'm not clear how that would be relevant anyway to failed updates.

Thanks for the replies, but are you guys talking about the DJI Crystal Sky monitor or the DJI smart controller?
It seems neither one can be updated via DJI Assistant 2.

I did both CS and smart controller and 2 craft and multiple batteries last night with no issues using Assistant 2.08. For Mavic 2 Pro and Air where I use SC and CS respectively. As I said previously months back the only way I could update the Mavic 2 Pro was via the Assistant as I had repeated failures just using the CS and relying on Wifi 2 metres from the router. So not a signal strength issue. Connected to laptop no issue so I habitually use that now.

I did have major issues with the Air and connection which I have bored people at length with in another post.

For some reason on my older laptop, Assistant couldn't see the CS but my better newer laptop had no problem. Possibly because I run Insider Ring Win 10 which has updates every few days and can therefore be flaky. I will give it a try on iMac which I have never used for drone work so far, see how it goes there.

Last edited:
I did both CS and smart controller and 2 craft and multiple batteries last night with no issues using Assistant 2.08. For Mavic 2 Pro and Air where I use SC and CS respectively. As I said previously months back the only way I could update the Mavic 2 Pro was via the Assistant as I had repeated failures just using the CS and relying on Wifi 2 metres from the router. So not a signal strength issue. Connected to laptop no issue so I habitually use that now.

I did have major issues with the Air and connection which I have bored people at length with in another post.

For some reason on my older laptop, Assistant couldn't see the CS but my better newer laptop had no problem. Possibly because I run Insider Ring Win 10 which has updates every few days and can therefore be flaky. I will give it a try on iMac which I have never used for drone work so far, see how it goes there.
Thanks johnbirt, it seems I have a different version of Assistant 2 to you. I have V1.2.4 and you have V2.0.8. I have the old Mavic Pro, not Mavic 2, so that's why I have a different version (older).

It seems I have two options if I want to update my CS using Assistant 2.
a) Try V1.2.5 which I see is also available but not sure if it supports CS.
b) Try V2.0.8 which you say works for CS although it probably won't work for my old Mavic Pro.
I'll try these options later.

What version of the CS GO4 app do you have then? 4.3.16 or something newer?

Last edited:
Yes. 4.3.16 but it is now threatening me with 4.3.24. I believe there is a 4.3.20 which others have commented on. It looks like a warning that when I am offered .4.3.24 it will not have simulator which I'm not fussed about but others might be.

As I recall I had an older version of Assistant which didn't work months back and I got 2.08 to overcome that. I think 2.08 is the latest and does seem to do all it should for me.

Yes. 4.3.16 but it is now threatening me with 4.3.24. I believe there is a 4.3.20 which others have commented on. It looks like a warning that when I am offered .4.3.24 it will not have simulator which I'm not fussed about but others might be.

As I recall I had an older version of Assistant which didn't work months back and I got 2.08 to overcome that. I think 2.08 is the latest and does seem to do all it should for me.
Hi johnbirt,
How long have you been getting the notification for the promised 4.3.24 update? As I play more and more with the CS I get the distinct feeling that the GO4 4.3.16 is pretty dodgy. I hope the update is not just an idle promise. Litchi seems to work well though.

Hi Steady Eddie. Probably about a week or so. Annoying first time as it implies clicking OK is going to give it you or so I thought. In reality you are just confirming that you read it.

I have heard it suggested that time of release may be location dependent US, UK ... etc.. No idea whether true or why?

Hi Steady Eddie. Probably about a week or so. Annoying first time as it implies clicking OK is going to give it you or so I thought. In reality you are just confirming that you read it.

I have heard it suggested that time of release may be location dependent US, UK ... etc.. No idea whether true or why?
Ok, thanks. We live in hope.

Anyone got the GO4 4.3.24 update yet? My update notice when I start the app seems to have disappeared.

It's been quiet again.

When will there be an update again?

What do you think, will the Mavic MINI be controllable with the CS? Is that technically possible at all?

I'm curious. As soon as the drone and the app are there, I'll test it. But I don't think that will work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa