DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest M3 firmware update caused my RC Pro controller to disconnect.

jeff Voigt

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I updated the M3 yesterday afternoon with the latest firmware (support for Japanese Remote ID).

When I went out to fly, the DJI Fly app on the controller kept crashing.

I came home (back to my Wi-Fi ) and reset the controller to factory settings. Then followed up with older firmware updates (short of the latest Japanese Remote I’d update).

Up and running again. No probs.

Anyone else with the same difficulty?

Jeff

I had crashes with the most recent update -- I found that changing between my two paired aircraft (Mavic 3 & Mini 3 Pro) fixed the problem and I'm still on the most recent version.

I’m still getting a firmware update request (to update Japan remote ID). I’ll continue to bypass the update. It’s the one that caused my RC Pro to disconnect.

Unless you plan on flying in Japan, leave it to the Japanese pilots to sort out all the potential update problems in an update designed solely for Japanese pilots! As Grandpa repeatedly told me, "If it ain't broke, don't go fixin' it!"

Hi there. It was a poor decision. Resetting the controller to factory settings and then updating firmware up to but not including the Japanese Remote ID put the RC Pro back in good order.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
@jeff Voigt I haven't flown for a few weeks. Can you please advise what the (JP remote ID) firmware Version is and the one you have reverted to. Also I'm not understanding why there are no more apparent complaints about this. Surely there are thousands of Mavic 3 drones out there who have updated to the most recent firmware..?
I believe (Aircraft)
v01.00.0800
RC pro -
v03.01.0800
are the latest but this was released back in 16th June 2022

Hi there. Here’s an image of the Japanese Remote ID firmware update. No reference to version. This is the update that made my RC Pro crash.

The current RC firmware update is 03.01.0900

Attachments

• CDFC4B28-5901-48EA-A13F-F165CFC1F79E.jpeg
    CDFC4B28-5901-48EA-A13F-F165CFC1F79E.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 22
@jeff Voigt
So I fired up my Mavic 3 and the RC PRO
I am indeed getting the same update message. For the moment I said not now to the update.
I checked my about info:
Aircraft - 01.00.0800
RX Pro - 03.01.0900. (I would have updated it in June. I have a habit of updating a week or so after release just in case there are issues)
Flysafe DB - 01.00.01.27
App - 1.7.0

So the update message we are getting refers to the DJI Fly App I presume? From what I can see the from DJI the latest version is V 1.7.4 for Apple/Android devices

The release notes under downloads for the Mavic 3 do not appear to be up to date. Neither under the RC Pro.
The latest release notes under RC Pro states the following:
Release Date: 2022.08.17
Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.0900
DJI Fly App: v1.6.12. (clearly incorrect as I have 1.7.0)

So I think the issue is with the DJI Fly app for the RC PRO. Clearly I am on 1.7 and perhaps the issue has been resolved with 1.7.4 but I'm not updating unless I hear from more mavicpilots. Don't ja just love this stuff :confused:

Last edited:
It appears the crash is due to an AirSense bug. With AirSense turned on, enlarging the map to full screen causes the crash. Turning off the useless AirSense creates a stable app with the latest app and FW, until the AirSense bug is sorted out.

I updated the M3 yesterday afternoon with the latest firmware (support for Japanese Remote ID).

I came home (back to my Wi-Fi ) and reset the controller to factory settings. Then followed up with older firmware updates (short of the latest Japanese Remote I’d update).

Jeff
@jeff Voigt
So I fired up my Mavic 3 and the RC PRO
I am indeed getting the same update message. For the moment I said not now to the update.
I checked my about info:
Aircraft - 01.00.0800
RX Pro - 03.01.0900. (I would have updated it in June. I have a habit of updating a week or so after release just in case there are issues)
Flysafe DB - 01.00.01.27
App - 1.7.0

So the update message we are getting refers to the DJI Fly App I presume? From what I can see the from DJI the latest version is V 1.7.4 for Apple/Android devices

The release notes under downloads for the Mavic 3 do not appear to be up to date. Neither under the RC Pro.
The latest release notes under RC Pro states the following:
Release Date: 2022.08.17
Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.0900
DJI Fly App: v1.6.12. (clearly incorrect as I have 1.7.0)

So I think the issue is with the DJI Fly app for the RC PRO. Clearly I am on 1.7 and perhaps the issue has been resolved with 1.7.4 but I'm not updating unless I hear from more mavicpilots. Don't ja just love this stuff :confused:
Hello.!. Very interesting what you say about the M3. Might you help me.?. I bought the Mavic3 with the RC-N1, it works great. A few days ago I received my RC Pro and just set it up. The only update I've made to this new controller so far is the safe fly zone. After linking the M3 co. the RC Pro gave me a message on the screen that says: “The connected device is not linked to the aircraft. You can make 5 more flights with the connected device. Connect to the linked device Remote Control (S/N:3QDZ….) to continue or perform the following steps: Unlink device or Cancel. Is that normal for me to see after successfully pairing the RC Pro with the M3...? I've seen tutorials on YouTube and I don't see this message appear on the RCPro screen after pairing it to the M3. Do you know anything about it?…Perhaps I have not been able to interpret the message and before selecting an option I prefer to consult so as not to make a mistake. Can you help me with this? Thank you.

Hello.!. Very interesting what you say about the M3. Might you help me.?. I bought the Mavic3 with the RC-N1, it works great. A few days ago I received my RC Pro and just set it up. The only update I've made to this new controller so far is the safe fly zone. After linking the M3 co. the RC Pro gave me a message on the screen that says: “The connected device is not linked to the aircraft. You can make 5 more flights with the connected device. Connect to the linked device Remote Control (S/N:3QDZ….) to continue or perform the following steps: Unlink device or Cancel. Is that normal for me to see after successfully pairing the RC Pro with the M3...? I've seen tutorials on YouTube and I don't see this message appear on the RCPro screen after pairing it to the M3. Do you know anything about it?…Perhaps I have not been able to interpret the message and before selecting an option I prefer to consult so as not to make a mistake. Can you help me with this? Thank you.
Linking and pairing are not the same thing. Only one RC device can be linked to your drone at a time. A newly paired RC device can only be used 5 times before it must be linked. Decide which RC device you intend to use most with your M3, and link that RC to it. The other unlinked RC can be paired and flown with 5 times, before you must link to it, or use the linked controller. You can link back and forth as many times as you want, but you must have an Internet connection to do so each time. Pairing does not require an internet connection.

It appears the crash is due to an AirSense bug. With AirSense turned on, enlarging the map to full screen causes the crash. Turning off the useless AirSense creates a stable app with the latest app and FW, until the AirSense bug is sorted out.
You are precisely correct. I reported this error to DJI and gave them a similar description to the one you provided. I did not think about disabling Airsense however.

Linking and pairing are not the same thing. Only one RC device can be linked to your drone at a time. A newly paired RC device can only be used 5 times before it must be linked. Decide which RC device you intend to use most with your M3, and link that RC to it. The other unlinked RC can be paired and flown with 5 times, before you must link to it, or use the linked controller. You can link back and forth as many times as you want, but you must have an Internet connection to do so each time. Pairing does not require an internet connection.
I am very grateful for the information you have shared with me.!.😊🙏. I currently have FW .0800 in my M3, in fly safe 01.27 and in my RCpro 00.0200, the latter I am clear about what to update to version 03.01.0800…Am I correct? Cheers.! 👍

I am very grateful for the information you have shared with me.!.😊🙏. I currently have FW .0800 in my M3, in fly safe 01.27 and in my RCpro 00.0200, the latter I am clear about what to update to version 03.01.0800…Am I correct? Cheers.! 👍
Happy to help. The personal choice to update is completely separate from the linking and pairing issues. As long as everything is already working as you want it to, updating is best avoided. It often introduces new unknown bugs, and frequently introduces new restrictions, which include anti-rollback, to prevent hacking. The latest update apparently interferes with AirSense, causing app crashes. Either turn off AirSense or refrain from updating to the latest until this most recent bug is resolved.

Jeff
Why would you even bother with that update, if you are in the states, or are you planning on traveling to Japan? If not I would update the title of your post to include "Japan Firmware Update"

Why would you even bother with that update, if you are in the states, or are you planning on traveling to Japan? If not I would update the title of your post to include "Japan Firmware Update"
I think most folks leave their controllers connected to a WiFi and get messages that relate to updates. I don’t get those messages because I don’t allow that situation to occur. I do check the DJI website on occasion to see what those updates may offer that I can’t live without.
Rarely do I get excited with what I read regarding updates.

I think most folks leave their controllers connected to a WiFi and get messages that relate to updates. I don’t get those messages because I don’t allow that situation to occur. I do check the DJI website on occasion to see what those updates may offer that I can’t live without.
Rarely do I get excited with what I read regarding updates.
Such as installing and broadcasting Remote ID almost a full year before the FAA will require it? The latest Mavic 3 "feature rich" update contains a poison pill, along with anti-rollback!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy