DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest update of FAA sample UAS rules test.

Can you point out any difference you've spotted? Looks like the same questions that have been around.

Have not looked at the differences for previous. I received update notice as a subscriber to the FAA notices. Truthfully, have not even looked closely yet!

Hope you're feeling ok these days.

Hope you're feeling ok these days.
I am, thank you kindly. Just had my 2nd CV shot, but still playing it safe. Have about $1.5k tied up in LEGO sets to keep my busy. Assembly and motion stop video. Using Adobe Premiere Elements 2021. Hips are painful these days. Hopefully, just the weather! Even walking with the dog hurts, but necessary.

Flew both the MA and Spark during a couple of warmer days in Feb. Nothing much, just to shake off the dust.

Can you point out any difference you've spotted? Looks like the same questions that have been around.

Those are all old questions. #28 is still incongruous. The revised test should start to incorporate something on night flying, amongst other things.

Reactions: theDRONEranger
Those are all old questions. #28 is still incongruous. The revised test should start to incorporate something on night flying, amongst other things.
Actually 28 seems like one of the more logical questions that they direct toward fixed wing. The general answer is in the weight and balance handbook. I find questions 16 and 22 rather inane. They are both questions that require answer memorization rather than general knowledge or logic. If you can get these two down they give you headroom to get two of the more difficult questions wrong.

Actually 28 seems like one of the more logical questions that they direct toward fixed wing. The general answer is in the weight and balance handbook. I find questions 16 and 22 rather inane. They are both questions that require answer memorization rather than general knowledge or logic. If you can get these two down they give you headroom to get two of the more difficult questions wrong.

I've yet to find a fixed-wing UAV with a table of CofG vs. weight values of the kind that you would find in a POH. This looks like a lazily repurposed Part 61 question to me.

16 and 22 are also derived directly from other piloting tests, but since the FAA has decided that crew resource management and its associated factors are going to apply to Part 107 then I guess those are fair game.

Reactions: vindibona1
Correct me if I am wrong, but these questions become somewhat academic as of April 6, 2021 when the online recert courses open up. The recertification online courses will be "learn at your own pace' taking a short quiz at the end of each section. Should you decide to take a current test and recert without the online coursework there is a good chance you will not have the current night flying or over people questions. You may have to test a second time is what I have been told by FAASafety.
M

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent