DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Laws in Rhodes

Snapthis

Reactions
Hey guys I was wondering if someone could give me quick summary of their experience flying a drone in and around Rhodes, Greece.

There at moment! Rules are simple: don’t fly in a NFZ (big fine or arrest), and as long as you stick to no more than 50m in all directions from take-off point you don’t need any permission. The rest are the standard don’t fly over crowds etc etc. If you want to fly further it’s way more complicated requiring pre-authorisation.

Useful link : https://dagr.hcaa.gr

Last edited:
Reactions: borzoiboy
There at moment! Rules are simple: don’t fly in a NFZ (big fine or arrest), and as long as you stick to no more than 50m in all directions from take-off point you don’t need any permission. The rest are the standard don’t fly over crowds etc etc. If you want to fly further it’s way more complicated requiring pre-authorisation.

Useful link : https://dagr.hcaa.gr

Cheers for the quick response. Did you have any issues with airport security?

Cheers for the quick response. Did you have any issues with airport security?
None. I did make sure the batteries were down to 30% ish, but nobody asked to check them at Gatwick (all in carry on). Can’t comment on Rhodes security, don’t fly back until tonight. Biggest problem has been the wind! Typically it’s dropped today - now that I’m all packed!!

Reactions: Snapthis
None. I did make sure the batteries were down to 30% ish, but nobody asked to check them at Gatwick (all in carry on). Can’t comment on Rhodes security, don’t fly back until tonight. Biggest problem has been the wind! Typically it’s dropped today - now that I’m all packed!!

Did you have any issues with Rhodes airport? Hope you had a good trip

None, in fact the security at Rhodes was VERY laid back! Holiday was fantastic, just a shame about the wind - hope you have better luck!

Reactions: Snapthis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose