DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Learning how to edit video

Vin829

Reactions
reading these post there seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum. My question is how can I learn to do this? How did you guys get started and learn what setting are good. How to color grade out to edit. Etc? Any help will be appreciated

Reactions: GSE_Anthony
Hey, I'm starting to learn myself, getting help from a friend but also I've found Lynda.com to be excellent. Video tutorials for lots of video and photo software (plus loads of other software). I get it free through my library membership and I think they have deals with lots of organisations and IIRC free months trail. Not that expensive anyway to sign up for one month to see if it suits you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: brumao
You can find a lot of learning videos in YouTube, but there no will be tutorials from A to Z.
First of all you need to understand in what program you want to work. Payed variant can be Adobe Premiere.
If you want to come with free, than DaVinci Resolve best choice.

If you have same environment conditions or you want to have same style for whole movie than it is easier to edit whole video.
In cases where you have other environments conditions you should edit sections separately

Sent from my SM-N910C using MavicPilots mobile app

Which program is easier to get up and running with? Sony Vegas? Adobe Premiere?

"easier" is subjective. That is up to the user. Between those two, just pick one and stick with it. The theory is all the same, it is the button presses and mouse clicks that change.

I think there no best one. You can edit your movie even in Windows Movie Maker and get pretty good result =) it is all about personal needs and likes I think. So try both.

Sent from my SM-N910C using MavicPilots mobile app

When you guys color grade video do you edit the whole video as one or do you edit it in small sections?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Grading is usually done when the edits are in the timeline. If you have a series of clips that have been shot together, you can grade one and copy the grade to others. There are no absolute workflows. I tend to color correct as I lay the clips down and start grading the sub stories of my timeline.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

reading these post there seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum. My question is how can I learn to do this? How did you guys get started and learn what setting are good. How to color grade out to edit. Etc? Any help will be appreciated
YouTube videos on Davinci Resolve and Adobe Premiere is a good start. Also, Larry Jordan has a ton of really good tutorials for beginners - but they aren't free.

Also, when you color grade, make an adjustment layer. This way you can keep the original footage intact
If you want to learn, I use Premiere. I have also used Final Cut...
I also use Photoshop and After Effects, so it's nice to keep everything in the same family of programs

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent