DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leave Batteries on Charger?

flycajun

Reactions
I've searched the forum, but I couldn't find an answer to my question. I'm new to the drone world. I just got a Mavic Air 2 with the Fly More package and haven't had my first flight yet. I would like to know if I can leave my intelligent batteries on the charger indefinitely. Should I remove them after they're fullly charged and charge them again before I fly the drone? I appreciate your responses.
TT

I would NOT! You're defeating the purpose and SAFETY of the Smart Battery. It's designed to AutoDischarge after a set # of days to help preserve the battery. Staying FULLY charged or completely DISCHARGED is very detrimental to the batteries HEALTH.

Absolutely not ... if you want to care for your LiPo batteries & have a long useful life out of them, you shouldn't keep them lower nor higher than 3,7-3,8V/cell (which equals to approx. 50%) for any longer time than 48h.

I've searched the forum, but I couldn't find an answer to my question. I'm new to the drone world. I just got a Mavic Air 2 with the Fly More package and haven't had my first flight yet. I would like to know if I can leave my intelligent batteries on the charger indefinitely. Should I remove them after they're fullly charged and charge them again before I fly the drone? I appreciate your responses.
TT

The DJI charger automatically stops charging the batteries once they are full. DJI batteries also have a self-discharge timer (as described in the manual), where the batteries will start to discharge after 24 hours (to 96%), and 5 days (to 60%) if they aren't used. So if you leave them on the charger for an extended period of time, you could come back to them only charged to 60%.

Better to only fully charge them shortly before your intended flight.

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 3.16.31 PM.png

The DJI charger automatically stops charging the batteries once they are full. DJI batteries also have a self-discharge timer (as described in the manual), where the batteries will start to discharge after 24 hours (to 96%), and 5 days (to 60%) if they aren't used. So if you leave them on the charger for an extended period of time, you could come back to them only charged to 60%.

Better to only fully charge them shortly before your intended flight.
Thanks for your reply dawgpilot. I'll do just that

Reactions: dawgpilot
... Better to only fully charge them shortly before your intended flight.

Yep agreed, that's the way to do it ...

...self-discharge timer (as described in the manual), where the batteries will start to discharge after 24 hours (to 96%), and 5 days (to 60%)

And this discharge process takes way to long time ... it will save DJI from battery warranty cases during those 6 month it lasts ... but it's not the best for the battery.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242