DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leaving an ND Filter on accidentally can bring good results!!

Took my M2P out later one evening this week and had forgotten to take the ND filter off - didn't help with the video I wanted to take, but this photo was at least one bonus from my failed flight
I'm not sure how the ND filter helped.
All it did was cut a lot of the light which forced the camera to use a much longer shutter speed to expose correctly.
But it wouldn't have made any difference to the way the image looked.

All it did was cut a lot of the light which forced the camera to use a much longer shutter speed to expose correctly.
Well, the filter certainly didn't help with the video I was intending to shoot!!! Either way, it was nice to still be able to get something from my failed flight.

It could if you are shooting in manual mode and you set it before this flight at a step or two down. In auto you are probably right, though I do think the ND filters make the color a bit different.

I never think if doing photos, I always do video.

It could if you are shooting in manual mode and you set it before this flight at a step or two down. In auto you are probably right, though I do think the ND filters make the color a bit different.

I never think if doing photos, I always do video.
I always use manual, and was all set up for my video shoot - until I realised my mistake!! So just had a bit of fun and managed to get a few nice pictures at least. I wouldn’t normally think of using a filter for taking pictures either - lesson learned though?

It could if you are shooting in manual mode and you set it before this flight at a step or two down.
So if you had accidentally set manual exposure to overexpose by two stops and inadvertently used a 2 stop ND filter, the two mistakes might cancel out?
If you shoot hoping for things like that to happen, you aren't going to get many acceptable images.

I do think the ND filters make the color a bit different.
Although lots of people think that, but it isn't true.
The whole point of a neutral density filter is that it doesn't do anything to change the colours, just the amount of light getting through.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr