DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leaving the Mavic powered on while not flying

JMF

Reactions
Is it bad to leave the Mavic powered up for extended periods of time while not in flight, for example when I'm just tweaking different settings, camera, buttons, etc...

No. It's no different than flying through 4 or 5 batteries in the row.

Reactions: JMF
I do it to learn the different menu settings too. The Mavic is exposed to more environmental extremes while flying. Im sure it's okay in an air conditioned environment.

Is it bad to leave the Mavic powered up for extended periods of time while not in flight, for example when I'm just tweaking different settings, camera, buttons, etc...
I just make sure that there is plenty of air flow around the MP, the internal fan will handle the rest, is my opinion.

If you run the simulator the Mavic is also powered on the whole time. No problem at all.

I will do it out side on may deck, but won't do it inside the house; 1. no GPS, 2. should it decide to take off, there is no ceiling or walls to hit.

some people have suggested taking off the props if tweaking in the house, but still you will have no GPS. Although, I have updated the FW via WiFi in the house, cause it works better when I am closer to my modem.

Def should take off the props when tweaking or updating indoors. Low chance of startup, but it HAS happened in the past.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan