DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LED strobe messes with bottom sensor on MP2...thoughts?

Arizdrona

Reactions
I placed a small Quarter sized 4 LED Strobe on the bottom of my MP2 and I get sensor warnings... Not much bottom real estate... Any thoughts ? I guess if your not flying close to objects, your good to go... if you will fly in tighter areas, probably best to simply remove it.. I had no problem in the open spaces I was flying today.

Reactions: SpitFire
So on the side of the arm? I thought about that since as I said, not much real estate, I was hoping for a downward firing strobe though... lol I guess one rear and one side is what you ended up with correct?

Reactions: Former Member
One on front arm as far outboard as possible.
One on rear arm as far outboard as possible.
That’s on my mp2.
From 3500 feet at 400 agl, they are very visible. Red front, green rear.
As it is heading away, all you see is the green. Coming home, red.
I’m only using the single led.

Reactions: Former Member
That sound like a solid layout and something to do... I like the idea of that. I need another LED and off I go. Glad the sensors are trouble free..
Thanks.

LED Strobe on the bottom of my MP2 and I get sensor warnings...

Remember in the User Manusl it talked about all the sensors on the bottom of the AC? Good possibility your strobe is interfering with their function.

Same as flying into the late afternoon sun, obstacle avoidance could possibly cause AC to stop.during RTH.

I just bought the Firehouse Mavic PP package for $86 and I must say they are powerful. I can easily keep track of my aircraft now how long the circuit boards will last is another story. I am being as gentle as possible when attaching and disconnecting usb cable for charging. Not a good feeling but the light is awesome.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes