DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leeds area - good spots?

The storm today has really kicked up today looks like no flying for the whole of the UK

Wow nice shot well nice I made a video of sutton bank with sunset that was a really nice bud yea 10 miles around Leeds lba is a no go
Sutton Bank has a air strip at the top of it for the gliders, as well as their engine powered tow plane did you have to check with the gliding club prior to flying?

BTW, totally new to the forum, and was please to see a local question as i'm based in Leeds myself

Sutton Bank has a air strip at the top of it for the gliders, as well as their engine powered tow plane did you have to check with the gliding club prior to flying?
I was wondering that as well

Like the video it's cool i'm waiting for my MavicPro be delivered Tuesday also from Leeds
would be cool to meet up with any of you Leeds guys

Hi guys. First time drone owner (Mavic 2 Pro arriving soon) and keen to better understand restrictions on flying in and around Leeds. I live in Rawdon so very close to the airport. I have heard of a 1km from airports rule and I have seen the NATS maps which seems to cover the entirety of Leeds in one colour or another. Struggling to understand how firm this ‘advice’ is though. Common sense should always prevail but is there a definitive ‘you can fly here’ or ‘you can’t fly there’ map etc?

Thanks

G'day. Just learning my Pro2. I'm surprised about Leeds, I wonder if the 'police' the policy.

Hiya Guys, i am a new mavic pro flier, i live out nr, snaith selby way, in Pollington, on the banks of the calder canal, thankfully i can get uninterrupted flights out here, as it is very rural, about 14miles from Doncaster airport, but all around its flat, great flying areas for a novice mavic pilot,lol..
This my first PROPER Drone, quad, although i had a walkera x350 a coupla years back..not in this league though..
You really need to be in an area like this, i am very fortunate.

Hi everyone, I'm a beginner Mavic Mini flier in Leeds! Has anyone got any tips on how to improve? Bit nervous at the moment to get it high/far away, as it's a mini can often be taken by the wind!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots