DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leg extensions

As I said, they can rub off and mark the legs

With the Polar Pro leg extensions they fit so tightly on the rear legs that they will cause damage to any skin you may have placed there. My MP skin got to where it was so damaged that I just pealed it off. I do like the Polar Pro leg extensions though. Just not compatible with the decalGirl skin I used.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: s2seyecle
I have had problems with Extension Legs for my Mavic! Bought my Mav thru a Bundle (ebay) with the: ULTIMAXX Mavic Landing Gear, Original Legs that came with Bundle Neither fit, they sent me another pair, only 1 fit & other does not (and now I do have some Maring/Scratches on my Mavic front legs! Seems that they were probably made with 3D printer (not precision made, etc)? Waiting to get that Resolved with seller.

I Have done some Research and Talked/Emailed people about the Polar Pro Extension Legs, although Well Built, Cool Design, Sturdier Stance, etc (I have considered them but still unsure), THEY DO, over time Mar/Scratch the Legs, from putting on/taking off the Clips on the Mavic (on a $1000.00 drone)! Seems they All Mar/Scratch the Mavic Legs, to whatever degree.

I would think/hope that Maybe Polar Pro would ReDesign and/or Improve the Design of their Extension Legs by perhaps Simple putting a felt/foam, rubberized, some sort of permanent soft material, etc All Over/All Around the Inside of the Clip-Ons for the Mavic rear legs that would Resolve the issue (it's not complicated, not asking allot here!) for price of $19.99...

I'm not sure you have the front legs on correctly, they sit firmly on the ground when seated fully. You either don't have them pushed on enough or you need to rotate them and put them back on.
I agree, I think you have the "shoes on the wrong feet". I have the same set and they sit flush on the ground.

Also, with this setup I can fold the legs and still fit in the fly more bag.

Last edited:
Not to hi-jack this thread, but how does the original rear ( 2 little rubber bumpers) landing gear come off? They just pull out of their sockets?

Not to hi-jack this thread, but how does the original rear ( 2 little rubber bumpers) landing gear come off? They just pull out of their sockets?
You use those 2 little bumper to attach the rear extended landing gear
Like a clip on

I use the little one stated on the video at 1min 10sec.
Video is in french, but you don't need to understand to see the product;)

I have had problems with Extension Legs for my Mavic! Bought my Mav thru a Bundle (ebay) with the: ULTIMAXX Mavic Landing Gear, Original Legs that came with Bundle Neither fit, they sent me another pair, only 1 fit & other does not (and now I do have some Maring/Scratches on my Mavic front legs! Seems that they were probably made with 3D printer (not precision made, etc)? Waiting to get that Resolved with seller.

I Have done some Research and Talked/Emailed people about the Polar Pro Extension Legs, although Well Built, Cool Design, Sturdier Stance, etc (I have considered them but still unsure), THEY DO, over time Mar/Scratch the Legs, from putting on/taking off the Clips on the Mavic (on a $1000.00 drone)! Seems they All Mar/Scratch the Mavic Legs, to whatever degree.

I would think/hope that Maybe Polar Pro would ReDesign and/or Improve the Design of their Extension Legs by perhaps Simple putting a felt/foam, rubberized, some sort of permanent soft material, etc All Over/All Around the Inside of the Clip-Ons for the Mavic rear legs that would Resolve the issue (it's not complicated, not asking allot here!) for price of $19.99...

Mine never come off the Mavic. Never off, never scratch, or at least I don't see the scratches. I use a camera backpack to carry everything, and it fits perfectly, even with the extended landing gear.

Reactions: lostinspace
I agree, I think you have the "shoes on the wrong feet". I have the same set and they sit flush on the ground.

Also, with this setup I can fold the legs and still fit in the fly more bag.

That picture was taken right after I got the leg extensions. After the picture I noticed the little "L & R" markings on them and corrected it. You all can relax and have a beer now.... LOL. Thanks for pointing that out though...

That picture was taken right after I got the leg extensions. After the picture I noticed the little "L & R" markings on them and corrected it. You all can relax and have a beer now.... LOL. Thanks for pointing that out though...
Cheers!

Not to any significant degree. They may lower the maximum speed slightly, and reduce flight time by a few seconds, but I can't say I've noticed the change.

Has anyone tried the silicone leg extenders? They were only $1.50 a set so I bought a few sets but haven't flown with them yet. I did buy a set of the popular plastic ones but did not like the way the front ones fit. One fit okay, the other was too loose. The silicone should also offer some shock protection on landing, as they are flexible to some degree. They are not quite as tall as the plastic ones, but for $1.50 I don't care. It's zero degrees Fahrenheit today so I won't be testing them any time soon (the days are too short now as well).

4x Landing Gear Leg Extender Heightened Protection Pad For DJI Mavic Pro Black | eBay

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13