DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leg extensions

Falkenfisch

Reactions
Sorry, I know there are already some threads for "landing gear" or "leg extensions" for the mavic, but I couldn´t find the legs I am looking for and I´m sure I have seen it somewhere here in the forum.
I am seaerching for Landing legs with a kind of triangel at the back and long and a little peaked/pointy at the front. Looks a little like insect legs to me and I am sure there was a pic of them somewhere here.
Anybody an idea what I am looking for ?

I have these for mine. They do the job and can stay on while folded/stored in the fly more bag, which is already a tight fit without them.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Fly4grub
Sorry, I know there are already some threads for "landing gear" or "leg extensions" for the mavic, but I couldn't find the legs I am looking for and I´m sure I have seen it somewhere here in the forum.
I am searching for Landing legs with a kind of triangle at the back and long and a little peaked/pointy at the front. Looks a little like insect legs to me and I am sure there was a pic of them somewhere here.
Anybody an idea what I am looking for ?

I think what you may have seen, and are looking for again (as I was) was a link in a 'Hand Catching' thread to an eBay advert. eBay item number: 122347109943.
Item location: Appleton, Wisconsin, United States. Ships to:United States and many other countries.
eBay Picture here

I saw them, but didn't save the link. Since then I've seen the others and decided I liked the first ones better.
I quite liked the gimbal guard as well as it seems if should still allow ventilation airflow.
I'm glad you asked the question as it prompted me to look for the link (glad I remembered it was under a 'Hand Catching' thread, but getting the right sub-Forum was more by luck).

The snag is, while it's $30 to buy in the US, it's another $17 to ship to the UK; that's price rise that's hard to swallow, but at least I know what to look for on UK eBay. Can't have everything, and life would be boring if everything was easy, so I've been told!!

Regards.

Reactions: Falkenfisch
I am not a big fan of this model. The back arm stop tabs are probably the second weakest link in the Mavic after the Gimbal. The arms are not intended to take a landing impact because the Tabs are so fragile. With this landing gear you put the rear landing force squarely on the back tabs and if you land too hard they will break.

PolarPro_DJI_Mavic_Landing_Gear.jpg

Just my 2 cents...

Link will help

FSL DJI Mavic Pro Landing Gear Leg Height Extender Kit Riser Set Stabilizers with Protection Pad (Grey) Amazon.com: FSL DJI Mavic Pro Landing Gear Leg Height Extender Kit Riser Set Stabilizers with Protection Pad (Grey): Camera & Photo

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I'm a big fan of this design. They fit securely and fold up with the drone and fit in the fly more case. Only downside is on rare occasions you might catch a glimpse of the extended front legs in the camera shot if looking directly down and rolling hard.

Sent from my XT1650 using MavicPilots mobile app

I think what you may have seen, and are looking for again (as I was) was a link in a 'Hand Catching' thread to an eBay advert. eBay item number: 122347109943.
Item location: Appleton, Wisconsin, United States. Ships to:United States and many other countries.
eBay Picture here

I saw them, but didn't save the link. Since then I've seen the others and decided I liked the first ones better.
I quite liked the gimbal guard as well as it seems if should still allow ventilation airflow.
I'm glad you asked the question as it prompted me to look for the link (glad I remembered it was under a 'Hand Catching' thread, but getting the right sub-Forum was more by luck).

The snag is, while it's $30 to buy in the US, it's another $17 to ship to the UK; that's price rise that's hard to swallow, but at least I know what to look for on UK eBay. Can't have everything, and life would be boring if everything was easy, so I've been told!!

Regards.

Exactly these ones!!

Thanks for this - now I know what to go for and have a picture and a link!

I don't remember the model I use off hand but I can say, whatever you purchase, will make a difference. Raises the *** of the Mavic significantly.

I am not a big fan of this model. The back arm stop tabs are probably the second weakest link in the Mavic after the Gimbal. The arms are not intended to take a landing impact because the Tabs are so fragile. With this landing gear you put the rear landing force squarely on the back tabs and if you land too hard they will break.

PolarPro_DJI_Mavic_Landing_Gear.jpg

Just my 2 cents...

It's certainly strange design that the rear side legs arent a half inch longer so Mavic could sit flush.
Maybe avoid the plastic tabs completely.

Be interested if there is a tech reason for it, or it is just so the legs sit flush when folded up?

It's certainly strange design that the rear side legs arent a half inch longer so Mavic could sit flush.
Maybe avoid the plastic tabs completely.
Be interested if there is a tech reason for it, or it is just so the legs sit flush when folded up?

Did you have a question on our Landing gear that is pictured above?
-Jeff from PolarPro

-Jeff from PolarPro

Yes, why do you put the pressure of the rear landing struts onto the rear extensions. Does DJI recommend that the rear legs absorb any kind landing impact. You do know that those rear stops break very easily and if one of them does break the drone cannot fly properly and DJI charges huge sums to fix or should I say replace a persons drone.

Yes, why do you put the pressure of the rear landing struts onto the rear extensions. Does DJI recommend that the rear legs absorb any kind landing impact. You do know that those rear stops break very easily and if one of them does break the drone cannot fly properly and DJI charges huge sums to fix or should I say replace a persons drone.

They were designed to be extended out to increase the stance and stability of the aircraft.
This makes it easier to take off on rugged uneven surfaces.

Our landing gear attaches to the Mavic arms which are much more stable than the rubber stops.
DJI Mavic Leg Extensions

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Jeff

-Jeff from PolarPro
-Jeff from PolarPro

I was just adding to the conversation, sorry for talking.
I said it was a strange "DJI" design choice btw, nothing to do with your product.

Reactions: PolarPro
I read in the Amazon reviews of the Polar Pro extensions that they leave markings. Particularly, the rear ones....

The material on our landing gear can rub off a bit on your Mavic's legs.
Its really not even noticeable unless you look REALLY hard.

-Jeff from PolarPro

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic