DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leg extensions

I'm sure there will be some third party suppliers onto this already, but my question is why you would need them?

Palm take off and landing is the way I mostly do it. Firstly, there isn't a cloud of dust enveloping the drone when you take off or land. Secondly, you can take off and land in any terrain or surface. And thirdly it looks unbelievably cool to bystanders ;)

Reactions: Ztopgun28
I'm sure there will be some third party suppliers onto this already, but my question is why you would need them?

Palm take off and landing is the way I mostly do it. Firstly, there isn't a cloud of dust enveloping the drone when you take off or land. Secondly, you can take off and land in any terrain or surface. And thirdly it looks unbelievably cool to bystanders ;)
Ok cool! I'm new drone owner, I'll have to look into that!

Ok cool! I'm new drone owner, I'll have to look into that!

Plenty of vids on youtube. I first looked into it when I got my drone, and wanted to take off from a steep hillside. I ended up trying to balance it on a rucksack for take off and landing. I thought there has to be an easier way, and it works well for me.

The other advantage is that sometimes if you take off in grass and hit record before take off, the auto focus locks on the grass and your entire cinematic sweeping shot of the alps will be out of focus. You have to remember not to hit record until you are up in the air if you use autofocus, but palm take off avoids this issue.

Plenty of vids on youtube. I first looked into it when I got my drone, and wanted to take off from a steep hillside. I ended up trying to balance it on a rucksack for take off and landing. I thought there has to be an easier way, and it works well for me.

The other advantage is that sometimes if you take off in grass and hit record before take off, the auto focus locks on the grass and your entire cinematic sweeping shot of the alps will be out of focus. You have to remember not to hit record until you are up in the air if you use autofocus, but palm take off avoids this issue.
Ok good to know!

Aliexpress have loads ;-) I ordered some for my mini. its a 4 leg cradle that sits on the bottom of the case and if they are rubbish no worry they didnt cost much at all.

I agree there needs to be longer legs on them. And Taking Off and Landing from the palm of your hand is an idiotic idea. These drones were not meant to be handled like this! The blades will carve you up real good if there is a mistake or freak situation. I got scars on my face to prove it....was flying it indoors in big condo in Florida....hovering below ceiling fan about two feet...a knock at the door and I panicked...raised it higher instead of landing it below...the ceiling fan got hold of it and sent it flying straight back at me.

I agree there needs to be longer legs on them. And Taking Off and Landing from the palm of your hand is an idiotic idea. These drones were not meant to be handled like this! The blades will carve you up real good if there is a mistake or freak situation. I got scars on my face to prove it....was flying it indoors in big condo in Florida....hovering below ceiling fan about two feet...a knock at the door and I panicked...raised it higher instead of landing it below...the ceiling fan got hold of it and sent it flying straight back at me.
Well, I respectfully disagree. Outside, in open space when you are focussed on the drone it's perfectly safe, and there are several techniques.

I'm sorry about your accident though :( But these drones are not indoor ones. Flying a lump that weighs nearly a Kilo directly under a ceiling fan was an accident waiting to happen. Stay safe!

Reactions: MA2 317
Reactions: Quick_Star24
Well, I respectfully disagree. Outside, in open space when you are focussed on the drone it's perfectly safe, and there are several techniques.

I'm sorry about your accident though :( But these drones are not indoor ones. Flying a lump that weighs nearly a Kilo directly under a ceiling fan was an accident waiting to happen. Stay safe!
Yes agree, the failure was not distraction or anything other than “flying it indoors.”

hand launch/land is an advanced technique that is useful to learn for when you may need to, otherwise always use terra format, oh! And you’re not there to impress bystanders!

Hovering two feet below and then impacting a working ceiling fan??

I had to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1. ?

Reactions: Quick_Star24
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54