Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Leg extensions

Greekislandlover

Reaction score
I'm sure there will be some third party suppliers onto this already, but my question is why you would need them?

Palm take off and landing is the way I mostly do it. Firstly, there isn't a cloud of dust enveloping the drone when you take off or land. Secondly, you can take off and land in any terrain or surface. And thirdly it looks unbelievably cool to bystanders ;)

Reactions: Ztopgun28

Ztopgun28

Reaction score
I'm sure there will be some third party suppliers onto this already, but my question is why you would need them?

Palm take off and landing is the way I mostly do it. Firstly, there isn't a cloud of dust enveloping the drone when you take off or land. Secondly, you can take off and land in any terrain or surface. And thirdly it looks unbelievably cool to bystanders ;)
Ok cool! I'm new drone owner, I'll have to look into that!

Greekislandlover

Reaction score
Ok cool! I'm new drone owner, I'll have to look into that!
Plenty of vids on youtube. I first looked into it when I got my drone, and wanted to take off from a steep hillside. I ended up trying to balance it on a rucksack for take off and landing. I thought there has to be an easier way, and it works well for me.

The other advantage is that sometimes if you take off in grass and hit record before take off, the auto focus locks on the grass and your entire cinematic sweeping shot of the alps will be out of focus. You have to remember not to hit record until you are up in the air if you use autofocus, but palm take off avoids this issue.

Ztopgun28

Reaction score
Plenty of vids on youtube. I first looked into it when I got my drone, and wanted to take off from a steep hillside. I ended up trying to balance it on a rucksack for take off and landing. I thought there has to be an easier way, and it works well for me.

The other advantage is that sometimes if you take off in grass and hit record before take off, the auto focus locks on the grass and your entire cinematic sweeping shot of the alps will be out of focus. You have to remember not to hit record until you are up in the air if you use autofocus, but palm take off avoids this issue.
Ok good to know!

OptikN3rv

Reaction score
Aliexpress have loads ;-) I ordered some for my mini. its a 4 leg cradle that sits on the bottom of the case and if they are rubbish no worry they didnt cost much at all.

Wild Wayne

Reaction score