DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

legal flying in Denver Colorado

Tim Murphy

Reactions
Heading to Denver Colorado in a week. looking for some tips as to where to fly legally.

Thanks.

One of our members is an FAA Safety Team Representative Drone Pro out in that area. I'll tag him and see what he has to offer on this topic.

@Vic Moss this is in your neck of the woods I believe sir.

Heading to Denver Colorado in a week. looking for some tips as to where to fly legally.

Thanks.

Hi Tim, and welcome to Denver.

Overall it's a great place to fly. Denver isn't necessarily anti-drone, but you aren't allowed to fly from any city park. And that includes Red Rocks Amphitheater. But you can fly from sidewalks and such. I'd also stay away from anything near the Capital and the surrounding park. Too much turmoil down there right now. It's been taken over by homeless. We even had a shooting down at that park two days ago.

Also, just about anyplace in the mountains are good. National Forests are open to drones.

If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out to me. [email protected].

And thanks @BigAl07 for tagging me.

Reactions: BigAl07
Hi Tim, and welcome to Denver.

Overall it's a great place to fly. Denver isn't necessarily anti-drone, but you aren't allowed to fly from any city park. And that includes Red Rocks Amphitheater. But you can fly from sidewalks and such. I'd also stay away from anything near the Capital and the surrounding park. Too much turmoil down there right now. It's been taken over by homeless. We even had a shooting down at that park two days ago.

Also, just about anyplace in the mountains are good. National Forests are open to drones.

If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out to me. [email protected].

And thanks @BigAl07 for tagging me.

Thanks Vic, looks like I will stick to the National Forest area to be on the safe side, thank you for the quick reply, good day.
Tim

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes