DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Legal question for Sweden

Olav van Gerven

Reactions
Hey,

I am not 100% sure about the legality to fly around (not over!) a place like Kungälv Fortret. The island itself is, according to the Lantmäteriet maps, not registered as Naturreservat nor do I see any other restrictions. If the windconditions improve, I would love to add some dronefootage to the rest of the video/foto I am going to make there, simply want to ask the Swedish Pilots if there are special restrictions there.

I am aware of the "normal" rules (VLOS, crowds, publishing permits etc.) but just not sure in this case if I miss anything.

If you download the Offline Map for the current area, you should be able to see if Kungälvs Fästning is a forbidden area to fly your drone. In that case, your drone will refuse to fly.

Have experienced this myself when I wanted to fly from an open park in Malmö, unfortunately I was within the boundaries of Malmö's football stadium, an area where you are forbidden to fly drones over. It was just to pack up and find another place.

Remember, do not show the horizon in your video, because then you must have the Lantmäteristyrelsens approval for publication.

Good luck It's an exciting place with lots of history, been there a number of times.

I do use the map from lantmäteriet to get the information about Naturreservat, the island it self is not a reservat, neither are there any flightrestrictions effective. There was just to much wind today to fly safe. Would it have been "in the midst of nowhere" I would have given it a try, but since there is traffic relativly close and also people passing in relativ close proximity, I decided not to fly. BUT we will be in Sweden for a few more weeks, if the weather improves, I certainly will give it a fly.

Regarding the permission from the lantmäteriet, I always send them the files for review (last year, theree weeks, thirty files) and never had any problem. To be honoust, I was surprised how easy it was and how uncomplicated the upload works. It might cost a few days, but it ensures that I can fly and record just as I want it.

Reactions: TTP
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLEKOK